“JUST AS GOOD AS I REMEMBER”

Shogun Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #77 of 441 Restaurants in Temecula
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 March 2018

It is hard to believe it has been about 5 months since we ate here. We had a sushi roll that had good flavor and was very attractive to look at. The tempura vegetables were crispy with good variety. The scallops were perfectly cooked, soft with no hint of a rubbery texture. The steak cooked to order. The show they put on while they cook is about the same but it did seem that some chefs put more enthusiasm in it than others. I could not imagine doing that all day but then most jobs have a down side.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

First time here, was great. The cook was very good, it really makes it fun. He did all the normal tricks you expect from these places but he surprised me by bringing his own music. The place was crowed for a Sunday. The food was spot on I had the scallops the wife had chicken. All was perfectly cooked. How these guys put on the show, and get the food cooked correctly surprises me. We had a great time, great food and the others at the table were celebrating a birthday. I will go back.

Reviewed 6 October 2017

We came for a late lunch.We did choose lunch options and were more than happy. The calamari and tempura veg were good appetizers. The scallops were cooked to perfection. I am often disappointed with scallops as they are often rubbery. The steak just as ordered .Apart from the show that is always entertaining it was a good solid experience. Service was good. Prices reasonable.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

Love Japanese food but am often disappointed. Not HERE! Everything was perfectly delicious! Superb salmon teriyaki (not TOO sweet), salmon cooked to perfection! and incredibly good seaweed salad! I LOVED my dinner!

Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

We started off with the Samurai rum cocktail .... very good! We even got to take our Samurai glasses home!

Love the fried rice! Yum yum yum!!!
We ordered the rib eye and shrimp combo. Steak was very tender. Best shrimp I've had at shogun was tonight. Veggies are always the bomb. Miso soup and ginger dressing salad is always tasty!

Our chef cooked a very good meal but was not that friendly. The table next to us had a chef that did all the tricks with rockin' music.

It's always a treat to eat Teppan regardless of the chef's show!

1  Thank JAE2512