“Dinner on a Sunday night”

Shogun Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #84 of 455 Restaurants in Temecula
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 January 2018

First time here, was great. The cook was very good, it really makes it fun. He did all the normal tricks you expect from these places but he surprised me by bringing his own music. The place was crowed for a Sunday. The food was spot on I had the scallops the wife had chicken. All was perfectly cooked. How these guys put on the show, and get the food cooked correctly surprises me. We had a great time, great food and the others at the table were celebrating a birthday. I will go back.

Reviewed 6 October 2017

We came for a late lunch.We did choose lunch options and were more than happy. The calamari and tempura veg were good appetizers. The scallops were cooked to perfection. I am often disappointed with scallops as they are often rubbery. The steak just as ordered .Apart from the show that is always entertaining it was a good solid experience. Service was good. Prices reasonable.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

Love Japanese food but am often disappointed. Not HERE! Everything was perfectly delicious! Superb salmon teriyaki (not TOO sweet), salmon cooked to perfection! and incredibly good seaweed salad! I LOVED my dinner!

Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

We started off with the Samurai rum cocktail .... very good! We even got to take our Samurai glasses home!

Love the fried rice! Yum yum yum!!!
We ordered the rib eye and shrimp combo. Steak was very tender. Best shrimp I've had at shogun was tonight. Veggies are always the bomb. Miso soup and ginger dressing salad is always tasty!

Our chef cooked a very good meal but was not that friendly. The table next to us had a chef that did all the tricks with rockin' music.

It's always a treat to eat Teppan regardless of the chef's show!

1  Thank JAE2512
Reviewed 27 January 2017

A group of 9 went to celebrate two birthdays and I was disappointed. The first round, soup and salad while we ate that the chef chopped up the vegetables which ended up being a ton of onions and hardly any vegetables (next time, if I ever go back although I doubt it) I would order no onions so I actually get vegetables. While he grilled the vegetables the rice was served. I made the mistake of waiting for the chicken so by the time everyone's meat order was cooked, the only thing hot was the meat. Cold rice and onions, very disappointing.

2  Thank DreamVacation2013