“Very good Italian food”

Price range: USD 30 - USD 30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: With an ambience reminiscent of a quaint Italian village, Paisano's offers fabulous regional Italian dishes prepared to perfection.
Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

We went for dinner there as we were staying at the RV Resort at Pechanga. We got the free shuttle to the casino. It is pretty cool, you call for pick up and they are there in less than 5 minutes! Impressive...ok enough about the shuttle....let's talk about the restaurant.
I had the Cioppino and my husband had the flesh catch special..halibut with seafood risotto. Both had wonderful flavor, nice presentations, and since we sat next to the open air kitchen, we were able to thank Chef Andre for delicious meals!

At one point, my elbow hit the edge of my empty martini glass and sent it crashing to the floor...I was embarrassed but the matre'd and waitstaff were right there to sweep it up and make feel like all was good with the world! Such wonderful customer service. We had constant water refills, "how is everything?", what else would you need, etc....Wow..it's been awhile since we have experienced this kind of service....I will say it made the expense of the food worth it! My husband also had the Minestrone soup and he said it was wonderful! Not too salty...

So would we return? Yes, but better prepared to spend a $100+ for Italian food and two cocktails. We did not have any wine.

The only negative? Smoking is allowed in the casino (not restaurant) but you could still smell the smoke because there is no door to shut between casino and restaurant.

Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

This place has good selection of food. Nothing really extra ordinary but decent food taste. Price is a bit on the higher range, if say try them once and see how you feel about coming back. As for me I'm okay tried it once. I gave an average rate since the food was decent but now thing special and also staff are nice too.

Reviewed 13 December 2016

We enjoyed an excellent dinner at Paisano's prior to attending a concert. The server was excellent, very attentive and polite.

The menu offered a variety of dishes. My food was delicious and served very hot.

Reviewed 28 August 2016

NEW MENU FAIL... The good, the bad and the UGLY. guess I should add that chef Andre is a nice person and my server was cool too... its no wonder they have been through 3 or 4 chefs in the last few years. the chefs come out with a couple of new items that are good but attention to details I think is the problem. I ordered 3 entree's and 1 app. chix piccata a NIGHTMARE, its a NON-butterflied - non pounded about 1 inch think breast, seemed boiled because it was pure white, and smooth, so it doesn't even look like it was floured an crusted, it was was cooked appropriately but rubbery/bouncy and since no breading tasted mostly bland plain chix, the piccata sauce was ONLY predictable kinda boring, hardly crafted with anything special , the pasta was cooked right but no GREAT flavor, I even confirmed all this with my kid, who has worked in restaurants, she said yup, its pretty boring. It should be pounded just a tad because a 1 inch breast will always be rubbery and actually have too much chix flavor, then it should be crispy breaded to HOLD-ON to the sauce flavor, Macaronie Grill and many many chain restaurants make great piccata sauces, they put uncommon interesting things in it,garlic for sure, paprika? Parmesan cheese? roasted hazelnuts? browned butter??? even finely minced chicken n mushrooms as these will HOLD on the the flavors , even toy around with verjus, a tart grape juice instead of lemon? hmmm, gee they could call it TEMECULA PICCATA? make sure theres lots of sauce to mop up with bread.mmmm. BUT Paisanos drops the ball with a VERY BORING PICCATA.... Clams linguine were kinda ok I guess, I couldnt taste any garlic though but overall it was ok, nothing to write home about. Brochette cheese platter looked fun and it was still pretty good, but it could have been more of a foodie-crafted dish, it had a dollop of goat, minced olives , stewed tomatoes all in cute jars, and a hipster squshy bottle of basic Balsamic Public House in old town is WAY better with bacon jam and 3 diff cheeses goat, brie and something else, but its super yum. Filet stuffed with goat cheese was good, I could taste the cheese and the sauce tasted good too, BUT it was totally runny, it just ran right off the meat, this is a detail I would think any chef would catch, thicken up the sauce a bit so it hangs on every bite. SO.... some of these details should have never been missed by a NEW menu. OVERALL, the New Paisanos is still the old average, its ok but NOT FOODIE GREAT. this is a real review by a foodie and not social media paid puppets that use grand words of blah blah blah explaining how explosive tofu is !!! as with all my reviews IF I hear from paisano's about any changes I will adjust my review

Reviewed 23 July 2016

Chef Andre's spin on bruschetta is incredible. Grilled bread with sides of goat cheese, tapanade, tomatos, roasted garlic and balsamic. Outstanding Ossobuco atop saffron risotto. Fall off the bone tender.

Been to Paisano's Italian? Share your experiences!