“Great Place to Stay in North Lake Tahoe”
Review of Cedar Glen Lodge

Cedar Glen Lodge
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Tahoe Vista
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I'm very glad I came back to stay at the Cedar Glen Lodge in Tahoe Vista (North Lake Tahoe). It had been a long time since I was there but it has been upgraded nicely. The cottage my friend and I stayed in was very nice, and we especially enjoyed meeting the owners Martha and Alan. Also, we are impressed with the new hotel lobby they have built and definitely will be back to stay there again this summer.

Room Tip: The cottage is a bit small but very nice, esp. the jacuzzi tub.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tfuerte
There are newer reviews for Cedar Glen Lodge

Reviewed 27 March 2012

My wife and two adult daughters stayed at the Cedar Glen Lodge cabin 22 in Early March. The two bedroom cabin was perfect with a nice kitchen / eating area, comfortable beds and plenty of hot water. We enjoyed the hot tub each night and Martha was always there to answer questions and help us have a wonderful vacation. Cedar Glen Lodge is a simple, clean and well maintained property that is very affordable. I would definitely stay there again and recommend it to anyone who wants a wonderful retreat from the Ski resort scene. Ed M.

Room Tip: Cabin 22 has a view of the lake.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Ed M
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I have stayed at Cedar Glen a few times this ski season and what to say? HOME. It's our home away from home. Martha is very friendly and the place is cozy. Love coming here after a fun day of skiing. It has become our tradition to stay here when we stay at Northstar. No need to look for other accomodations since we stumbled upon Cedar Glen. Highly recommended by me. Try the hot tub after a long day skiing. Pure bliss.Love this place

Room Tip: Love staying at the top of the hill. Room 30, 31 and enjoy the lake view. Have also stayed on room 3...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Wambu G
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Just got back from lake Tahoe and still dreaming about beautiful lodge. I stayed in Cedar Glen Lodge only 2 nights and so wish to stay longer. Martha was very gave me very useful informations before even getting there. I dont know how I would make it drive around lake and up the mountains without 4x4 drive. Thank You for recomendations and Road Conditions link that You sent Martha! Also thank You for upgrading our room ! Alan was also very helpful giving us all informations we needed. Thank You for letting me use Your cell phone charger!
Lodge is very clean, situated just by lake. Beautiful views. Very close drive to Squaw Valley, Homewood and Alpine Meadows. Highly recommended! Will be back! Thank YOU

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nash076
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Where to begin......

A small group of us stayed at Cedar Glen from the 2nd March to the 7th March. From arrival we were well looked after. Due to a long flight from the UK and the 4 hour drive from San Fran, we arrived at our accommodation very late so were feeling tired and jet lagged. Martha, the owner, welcomed us with a big smile and checked us in quickly so we could rest. The rooms were heated for our arrival so were nice and coasy.
The Lodges are all authentic cabins that make a horse shoe around the complex. It also has a hottub, sauna and swimming pool (the pool is not for use in the winter months).
In the morning we went down to the reception for our Breakfast (note that they have a restaurant opening soon for this). You could grab a coffee / tea and a muffin / toast / pastry or cereal before begining your day exploring. If you are going there for skiing / snowboarding then Martha offers great prices on lift passes.
Cedar Glen is approx a 10 - 15 minute drive from Northstar (Which in my opinion is the better of the mountains), 45 minutes to Heaveny but allow longer as you will want to stop off for the scenery.
If you are looking to hire skis and boards then speak to Martha, she can let you know who is best to go to. This also applies for dinner and drinks and she is more than happy to arrange a taxi to take you there. Keep in mind though North Tahoe is quieter in comparison to South Tahoe. Exactly what we wanted!!
Martha is a rare diamond in the hospitality industry. She is more than accommodating in every single way possible.
Cedar Glen will always hold very dear to me as this is where my, now fiance, proposed to me.

We will one hundred percent be returning in the near future.

Sorry this is a bit of an essay but there you go.

Thanks Martha for a great stay x

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Deerfield Lodge at Heavenly
Deerfield Lodge at Heavenly
#1 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
33.2 km away
Grand Residences by Marriott, Tahoe - 1 to 3 bedrooms & Pent.
Grand Residences by Marriott, Ta...
#8 of 66 in South Lake Tahoe
1.7 km away
Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge
Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge
#3 of 8 in Tahoe Vista

Been to Cedar Glen Lodge? Share your experiences!