2 people are viewing this hotel
USD 251
Hotels.comUSD 267
PricelineUSD 267
eDreamsUSD 267
All reviews ski hill hot tub fresh fruit snow storm studio accommodations julio beginners lodge skiing tahoe fireplace workshop hike lodging lake
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 August 2020

Staying at Granlibakken during my time in Tahoe was so much fun. I loved how spacious the rooms were and how it provided you with the best mountain experience. My friends and I truly enjoyed the happy hour after a day of hiking and it is located to great trails, restaurants and shops along the lake. Overall, Granlibakken Tahoe is perfect for families, couples and even solo travelers. I also have to add that everything was clean!

1  Thank browneyedflowerchild
Granlibakken Lake Tahoe, General Manager at Granlibakken Tahoe, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2020

Thank you for your review! We so enjoyed having you stay with us and truly hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed 28 July 2020

This was an absolutely horrible experience for us from the moment we arrived. We arrive at 3:00, told that our room is not ready, check-in is at 4:00. OK, no problem. They take my cell number to text us when the room is ready. The text never came. So at 4:15, I go back to the front desk. Our room was ready, they just didn't let us know. OK, so not the end of the world. Then we get to our room. We walk in, and it was quite stuffy. Low and behold, there is NO Air Conditioning! I think that Air Conditioning is expected, and not having it should have been something I agreed to in advance. We were provided with a plug in fan. The carpet in the room was absolutely filthy. The service was also bad. We go to the patio area for breakfast. I ask where we can get breakfast service and this girl at their ordering/beverage cart tells me that breakfast is only available on the patio. No problem. We go and sit on the patio. After 20 minutes of waiting for someone to come out and take our order, I finally ask a server behind me. She tells me that we have to order at the same cart where the girl told me to sit on the patio. She never said "Order here and have a seat, someone will bring it to you." Well, I go back to the cart and the same girl tells me that the kitchen is now closed. Thanks, no breakfast, and there is no place close by to get anything to eat. That afternoon, we went back to the patio for lunch, BUT the grill doesn't open until 3:00. No food again. Every employee we ran in to seemed totally disengaged. We paid a lot of money for a filthy room with no air conditioning and I feel totally ripped off. And their website says "Clean and Safe Certified". I uploaded pictures of my room. You can be the judge of Clean and Safe...

3  Thank vstopaz74
Reviewed 28 July 2020

The room looked absolutely nothing like the pictures on all the sites we researched. I would even say that they are using a different hotel's pictures.

The staff is also kinda off for a resort staff. We checked in at around 8 pm or so. The front desk clerk gave me the keys, wi-fi passcode, and circled where my room was on a map. I don't even think he said 2 words to me. Once we got to the room, the keys wouldn't work and we had to wait for someone to come help us.

The room was clean, but I just couldn't get over how different it looked than what was advertised. 99% of the time, any hotel's rooms don't look as good as what you see on websites, but I've never seen something so completely off. Type in "Granlibakken Studio Room" and you'll get cabin-like rooms. What we had was more similar to a college dorm in need of repair.

Lastly, our neighbor at the Granlibakken was apparently quite bothered by any noise. At around 8 pm or so on a Saturday night, he knocked and asked us to turn down the TV, which wasn't even on. My guess is that he was hearing his upstairs neighbor's TV and he probably went up and asked them to turn it down. I don't think it went over too well. We eventually heard stomping, someone purposely setting their car horn off at all hours of the night, and people speaking very loud. I'm pretty sure it was in response to the neighbor asking people to be quiet so early on a Saturday night. Moral of that part of the story: I don't recommend this place, but if you are still considering it and can't stand noise, definitely don't stay here.

Stay somewhere else in North Tahoe.

3  Thank Mae E
Reviewed 14 July 2020

I booked a "Lodge Room" based on the photos and description. We arrived a bit earlier than expected and were turned away.... "Your check in time is at 4, we'll text you when it's ready". We left and sat on the beach until 4:30 (no text), and went back... our room was ready.

We drove up to our room and walked in....
WOW, what a weird room and smell! The room was VERY "blah". Dirty white walls, nothing on the walls, the ceiling fan was an after-thought or something (wiring going up the wall and across the ceiling), the mini fridge in the bedroom was very loud, the closet was huge for some reason (I almost moved the fridge to the closet), the sink faucet was very stiff to operate, the sink stopper thing was broken, the shower head leaked from the back when it was on, they mounted bottles of shampoo / conditioner / body wash in THE WORST location in the shower (I hit my shoulder on them so many times, it was crazy)... Actually, they mounted conditioner and body wash, the shampoo bottle that's made to be mounted was just sitting in the tub.... and the conditioner was empty. The TV was like computer monitor size (not a big deal since we weren't there to watch TV, but some people would).

The mattress was quite firm and bouncy, and seemed old... and the pillows were pretty bad.

The "view" that they describe for the "Lodge Rooms" definitely wasn't based on our location... The one window that we had looked out to the parking area.

How's the privacy? Terrible... the walls are paper thin. Our neighbors were very loud and liked to run around and slam doors at 5am.

I booked the "lodge room" based on the photos and description... and what we got was very disappointing. I can't imagine how bad the standard rooms are.

The breakfast was OK.... well, not really. How can you send out scrambled eggs that are runny? who eats runny scrambled eggs?

Was there anything good? The location is great. The property great.

Would I stay again, or recommend it? Probably not....
I definitely will not go back for another weekend getaway with my wife.

4  Thank Dub_Fam_5
Reviewed 10 July 2020

We stayed at Granlibakken over the 4th of July weekend with another family. We like most, are concerned with covid and were pleasantly surprised to see the measures set in place for all guests. What's more, the staff was beyond friendly. Julio, went out of his way to set up tables in front of our rooms so we could bbq and Jenn in the front desk put our two families together. Our bikes ran out of air and we needed an Allen wrench to adjust the seat, and upon hearing our conversation an employee came to our rescue with his personal truck! The rooms are clean, the food is good the customer service exceeds expectations. I will absolutely come again and after this weekend plan on celebrating my 40th there with all of our friends and family.

Date of stay: July 2020
Granlibakken Lake Tahoe, General Manager at Granlibakken Tahoe, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2020

Thank you so much for your review. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us at Granlibakken Our staff members are like family to us and truly care about the service we offer to our guests. We hope you come stay with us for your 40th!!