2 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 15/04/21
PricelineUSD 230
Hotels.comUSD 230
FindHotelUSD 206
All reviews fish tacos lake tahoe fried zucchini hula pie filet mignon the entire staff deck lodge summer fireplace dock
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 October 2020

This was a nice stay with a lakeside view. Accommodations were above satisfaction. The lodge had a uniqueness about it with different pictures, taxidermy about the area. We were able to go out onto the roof for a nice relaxing afternoon. The sunrise was amazing! You cannot be location with this place. The only downside is the public access beach next to the lodge is very small.

Date of stay: July 2020
Reviewed 10 October 2020

We came here for lunch around 1:00 pm on a local's recommendation. When we arrived, we could see at least 2-3 tables unoccupied on the deck. The hostess said she would check to see what was available and returned saying that all the tables were full and it would be at least an hour. Wanting to confirm what she said, I asked "all the tables are full?" The older male employee sitting at the desk speaking very slowly and loudly answered "yes, she said the tables are all full and we have to wait for them to finish eating before we can seat you." I was taken aback by his tone and my impression was that he must think I don't understand English and had never eaten in a restaurant before. It also seemed strange because usually one doesn't have to wait an hour for an open table when people are already eating.

My friend joined us 5 minutes later and we told her we were waiting for a table. She also saw several open tables and asked the hostess if we could be seated at an open table. We were then immediately seated.

It is significant in this situation to point out that we are not white and my friend is.

We didn't want to make a scene and spoil our vacation, but I truly believe we were discriminated against on the basis of our race.

Our waitress was very pleasant and the food was pretty good, but I will never return and am warning others that this place is managed by racists.

Date of stay: October 2020
2  Thank letsgo6
Reviewed 24 September 2020 via mobile

Sunnyside is beautiful. Bathrooms are renovated and rooms all look outside. Staff was so kind and took really good care of us!
Restaurant is excellent! We ate on the deck overlooking the Lake which is just spectacular! Service was so friendly and excellent! Food is so tasty! We had 2 fish dishes! Mai Tai’s are a must, and are the very best! Bed was very comfy with down comforter! Plenty of fun water sports with rentals on property and a small beach to just relax or walk along.
Store next door has excellent groceries, breakfast and deli that are very good! Mini fridge in room helps! Wish they had a microwave! We cannot wait to go back and think we’ll make it an annual visit! Go stay here and eat here...its one if the best restaurant ms in all if Tahoe! Definitely the best bar and view too!

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 September 2020

that never disappoints. We've stayed here several times. The combination of their refined rustic environment and great food and wine bring us back. Terrific wine list and great friendly customer service. We appreciated their adherence to COVD 19 precautions.

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed 9 September 2020

Our family of 5 (2 adults, 2 teens, 1 kid) enjoyed a lovely dinner at Sunnyside Restaurant in August. The entire experience from making a reservation to paying the bill was really wonderful, especially in this Covid-19 world. I was able to make an outdoor dinner reservation over the phone with the help of a very polite staff member. On the day of our reservation, we were promptly seated by a very friendly hostess, and were pleased to see strict Covid-19 protocols in place (i.e. sanitizer, masks, socially distanced tables). Our waiter was friendly and attentive. The food was very good and reasonably priced. My husband and I each had a Mai Tai and grilled chicken sandwich. Our children had the fish tacos (with avocado), and the Kid's Menu burger. All entrees were delicious. We completed our meal with the must-have Hula Pie! Overall wonderful experience! The only thing missing for us was a frozen drink menu! I highly recommend Sunnyside!

Date of stay: August 2020