“Good try.”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 October 2013

being one of the only restaurants open at 3:30 on a Saturday, and 1 of only 3 tables seated, we were surprised when it took over 40 minutes to get our meal... Sandwiches. They were also out of their potato salad. I enjoyed the Santa Cruz Chicken sandwich, however my us and did not like the His Med. Chicken sandwich. I was hoping to go to Susan's Place but they were closed between lunch and dinner service.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

We enjoyed our meal at J & D's Steak House very much! My husband had a steak and I had the salmon. Everything was made to our order and it was perfect. The service was attentive and nice. We even indulged in a wonderful dessert and coffee after dinner. A fantastic meal and a great experience in dining.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Ate here recently during the Amador County Big Crush. Had a very reasonable bottle of wine with two steak dinners. Great food, fast and courteous service. Glad a local had recommended it and very glad we had reservations!! It was packed with lots of people waiting.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

This is one of only two restaurants open on Wednesday in Sutter Creek. Restaurant was more than half full and there was no wait for a table. Server was charming and attentive. Service a little slow but we were not in a hurry. The stuffed mushroom appetizer took a long time (with apologetic updates from the server) and was worth the wait. My steak, potatoes and even the vegies were delicious. It was trivia night so it as a little noisy at times but we were still able to comfortably talk.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

My wife and I had dinner here on Saturday night Sept. 7th 2013. We were seated near the back and the place is loud which is fine as were able to watch the Giants game. We had soup, my wife had the French Onion and I had a spicy clam chowder. My soup was spicy but it was good. Bowl was kind of small, not much bigger than the cup. The cheese on my wife's french onion was packaged and because of that it didn't melt right. We then split a cowboy bowlegged wedge salad. They brought the salad out in kind of shallow bowls that were way too small for the salad. Trying to cut the salad and keep it inside the bowl was difficult. Had some bread with it and the butter was great. A little girl kept our water glasses full which was nice. The meat in the salad was tender with a nice marinate.
Overall this place was ok, need to make some improvements to give it a higher rating. Service was good.