“Pleasant surprise”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Reviewed 13 April 2017

Came to this hotel blindly, on a recommendation from family. Room was spacious, clean and did the job. Has a small reefer, microwave and coffee pot. The breakfast bar is one of the best I have had. Large variety and will everyone's pallet. Staff was exceptionally nice. I had a problem connecting to the Wifi and fixed it immediately. I plan on staying here every time I come to the San Jose area. Go SHARKS!

Room Tip: Try to get a room not next to the stairwell.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
An M, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2017

Dear Deehab,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking your valued time to write us a review. Guest comfort and satisfaction have always been among our top priorities; therefore, we are very excited to know that you were able to enjoy your comfortable and spacious guestroom, complimentary buffet breakfast and the level of customer service that our staff provided. I am sure that our team will be happy to know that their hard work has paid off.

Once again, thank you for your business with us and we look forward to welcoming you again whenever your travel brings you back to the area.

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale

Reviewed 12 April 2017

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson
An M, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Hi. My name is Erica Patrick-Vanzant. My husband were guests in your hotel. We originally were supposed to have checked in on April 6th but our flight was cancelled. The staff was very helpful about our plan change. Fresh towels were offered. The breakfast was a great variety. They even reserved all of the family and friends who reserved on the same floor. We were given a late check out at no extra cost. Check out was fast and easy. They even sent me a message on Facebook congratulating the new wedding couple. Everything was very nice and clean. Had a little bite from downstairs. It was very good. I definitely would not only recommend, but stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson
An M, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2017

Dear ericap363,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking your valued time to write us a review. Guest comfort and satisfaction have always been among our top priorities; therefore, we are very thrilled to read all your positive feedback about the experience you had at the hotel, especially with our complimentary buffet breakfast, your comfortable guestroom as well as the excellent level of customer service that our staff provided. Such positive feedback reassures us that we are continuing in the right direction and we will continue to improve our services better in the future.

Once again, thank you for your business with us and we look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Reviewed 10 April 2017

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 April 2017

3 rating is probably more generous. This would not be a place of choice moving forward. We were here for business. While the room was ok, the location was in the middle of small office complexes that even the Uber driver that drove here was surprised this existed. As i didn't have a car and it was already getting late for dinner, I chose to eat at the restaurant. I ordered "fresh" guacamole with chips and pad Thai. First, the guacamole was not fresh. The server tried to justify it by saying the recipe is slightly different and they add mayonnaise (uhhhhmmm. really?). The salsa that came with it - well, at the least he didn't bother to lie about it and just said it was from a jar. Then the pad Thai, not even remotely close to pad Thai. It was more a greasy, non edible noodles closer to chow mein - but still not edible.

To top it all off, I got charged twice. I called the hotel a day after I discovered it. I was told someone was going to call me back to discuss what happened. No one did and so I had to call again.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled on business
An M, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2017

Dear Scouting_the_world,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking your valued time to write us a review. Guest comfort and satisfaction have always been among our top priorities; therefore, I am very sadden to know that you were not satisfied with the experience you had at the hotel, especially with our hotel location and the Fountain Bar & Grill food quality. I am very sorry for any inconvenience that you encountered. I assure you that this is not the level of customer service that we provide to our valued guests.

Regardless, I have forwarded all these information to our management team for further evaluation. I sincerely hope that your next stay with us will be as pleasant as possible.

Kindly regards,

Front Office Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunnyvale
5.6 km away
Hilton Santa Clara
#1 of 32 in Santa Clara
4.4 km away
HYATT House San Jose/Silicon Valley

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale? Share your experiences!