“Clean and convenient”

Holiday Inn Express Sunnyvale - Silicon Valley
Ranked #27 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Reviewed 17 November 2011

Not bad for overnight business trip, clean and central to San Jose area. Wifi was very flakey, I ended up having to use my mobile hot spot because the connection kept dropping. Walls and insulation are too thin, as I could hear people next to me and above me. Was not too bad to keep me up at night, but was noticeable enough. Breakfast was ok, waffles and bacon and usual cold cereal stuff. Disappointed there were no scrambled eggs (only boiled).

Room Tip: I got a room right next to lobby, which I don't recommend due to the noise
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank mulox

Reviewed 16 September 2011

Location is ok - on the El Camino strip with lots around. But the hotel is on the beat side - some what old and not the cleanest. The workout room has 3 pieces of cardio equipment, and that's it. The room was an on size, but the wifi signal would drop every now and then. Wifi speed wasn't too bad. The bathroom had a fan tied the the light switch, and the fan seemed to be as loud as a jet engine. The wall between the room was tbin - I could here a couple next door using normal conversation tone. Finally, cost was higher than a better hotel I usually stay at just down the road.. Breakfast was ok, but the room was a bit small for more than a couple of people.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 10 September 2011

Right from the gate I entered a clean well lit and classy looking establishment. At the front desk Boris helped me find the perfect room for me and even let me pick which vacant room I would be relaxing in. The first room I entered was perfect . Clean and well furnished with spacious bathrooms large comfy bed and a view of Historic El Camino Real. The large television In my room offered the excellent reception of many premium channels and beleive it or not a very clean remote control! A large cushioned chair with stool combo near the large windows offered a seat with a view A desk and even wi-fi hook ups next to the coffee machine for the people who need to work. Plenty of towels and toiletries stocked in a large and well decorated bathroom . Also a gym if you got time . Or you could do laundry in the guest laundry. .The Mini fridge and microwave were modern and very clean but if you can hold off until morning they provide a wonderful breakfast to all of their guest..Oh yeah and the rooms are all non smoking and it is enforced and you can tell. Overall very good deal and a lot of employess with good customer service and attention to detail. Thank you for putting Quality into this establishment because it is appreciated alot.

Room Tip: I think the third floor has the best views and no overhead guests, Other than that the rooms are al...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Stayed for one night on business trip. Checkin/out was easy. Room was on the first floor, and I noticed that the sliding glass window was not locked. Had to struggle to get the latch to lock. Someone could have easily gotten into the room had I not checked. Wall paper seemed a bit worn. Room had a small refrigerator. Desk clerk was quick to provide a couple of mouthwash bottles when I called. Small courtesy breakfast was available. Free internet access. Overall, place is ok, but would probably stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 July 2011

We were visiting friends in Sunnyvale and picked the Quality Inn because it is near the all of the people we were to spend time with. The room looked clean, but there was what appeared to be mold around the edge of the tub (see picture). I told the manager as we checked out the next morning; hopefully they have it cleaned up. Our room was small and cramped, but okay for one night. Nothing has been updated here; the television had a built in VCR. It actually made me laugh when I saw that. I would not stay here again. I would rather pay a bit more and have surroundings that are more pleasant.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunnyvale
0.3 km away
1.5 km away
Crestview Hotel
Crestview Hotel
#11 of 18 in Mountain View

Been to Holiday Inn Express Sunnyvale - Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!