“No. Don't stay here”

Red Roof Inn Stockton
Ranked #12 of 26 Hotels in Stockton
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

My sister and I spent one night here. Never again. This hotel is a hooker plaza. It reeks of smoke. Sketchy people smoking pot and cigarettes are in the middle of the parking lot and will offer anyone to smoke with them. Don't stay here.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
redroofstockton, Webmaster at Red Roof Inn Stockton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2017

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. We clearly let you down, and for that we apologize. This is not an indication of how we normally do business, and I’m embarrassed by the quality of your experience. I hope you will generously give us another chance in the future. We take all comments seriously and will do better for you next time.

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

First it advertises $68 but we were given $90 when booked. We get there at 10pm after a long drive from Salem. We couldn't check in because we'll say "lady of the night" was waiting on change from a man. The receptionist kept telling us a few minutes but we had a line behind us. She finally got her change and we were next. We were given a smoking room even though we booked a non smoking. We go up and it was scary walking with,my 2 young children as sketchy people were roaming everywhere. We get to our room and precious "lady of the night was our neighbor. Her door was open as we walked by and 2 characters go into her room. We enter our room and it smells horrible, my son needs to use the restroom and the door has two punch holes sloppily repaired but very noticible. There were holes in the bedding and then the roaches started to come out. My kids started getting dizzy with the smell and 10 mins in we went down to get refunded. We found LA Quinta Inn nearby and paid $10 more than RRI but it was completely the opposite experience. 1 plus was the receptionist was nice and didn't give us a hard time.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Johnson s, Webmaster at Red Roof Inn Stockton, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry that several issues combined to make your stay less than desirable. We take real pride in offering the best possible guest experience, and I understand that we let you down. You can be sure we’ll do better for you next time. Nothing means more to us than providing a pleasant guest experience.

Reviewed 21 June 2017

Great customer service give by Cesar, taking care of guests, very friendly.. very clean in breakfast area... i just hope that the ice maker were working during our stay, specially at the 108 degrees weather...

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Johnson s, Webmaster at Red Roof Inn Stockton, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2017

Dear Guest,

Greetings from the red Roof Inn.
Thanks for staying with us during your recent visit to our area.
We appreciate your review and also the observations.
We are addressing your observations related to the room features and cleanliness and of course the breakfast.
You shall definitely find the difference during your next visit.
Glad to note that you liked the overall stay and our hospitality.
We await your next trip to our area and promise a nice stay with us.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 31 May 2017

We booked a room here for one night. Where do I even start....There was a huge dent in the door which looked like someone had tried to punch their way in. We had booked a non-smoking room but it reeked of smoke. There were holes in the window screens so flies had found their way into the room and were all over the place. There were stains everywhere. I felt like I was in a horror movie, it was absolutely the worst room I have ever seen. Unfortunately we were in the area for an event so everything nearby was completely booked. I was surprised we survived the night. I wouldn't stay here again if someone paid me.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Johnson s, Webmaster at Red Roof Inn Stockton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Red Roof Inn Stockton for your recent stay in our area.
Upon receipt of your review, the following step was taken: Maintenance was informed of your report of Dent and stain in the room assign to you and instructed to look into the matter and do necessary repair. Maintenance was informed of the smell you reported in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to its elimination. I hope that the next time you visit our area; you will once again choose to stay at Red Roof Inn Stockton. I think you will be greatly pleased. We shall look forward to welcoming you back.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

Came in at 2:30am after a long drive from Portland, the night attendant was incredibly sweet.

At 3ish a group of men came into the parking blasting music from a speaker, at 3:30 there were multiple yelling fights in the hotel parking lot. Then at 5am the fire alarm was pulled, being turned on and off repeatedly until the fire department came. In the morning when we complained to the front desk, we were given 7.50$ and told that the fire alarm was at 5am, so it wasn't "that early", and that the groups of men in the parking lot weren't their responsibility.

Really pissed to spend 90$ to stay in a highway hotel to be kept up all night checking on the safety of my car, and a piercing fire alarm.

Stayed: March 2017
redroofstockton, webmaster at Red Roof Inn Stockton, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2017

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your opinion. I’m sorry that we failed to meet your needs and did not live up to your expectations. I deeply regret that we let you down. Perhaps you will give us another try in the future so we can do a better job of satisfying you. We’re always working to get better.