“Too close to Freeway Noise and not a great neighborhood.”

Red Roof Inn Stockton
Ranked #12 of 26 Hotels in Stockton
Reviewed 16 June 2015

The price was right, so we took the room not knowing that we wouldn't be in a very good neighborhood.

On the plus side, the room was clean, beds comfortable, well stocked with toiletries, and the staff was friendly. On the downside, I didn't feel as safe as I'd like and the noise from the freeway kept my husband awake half the night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room NOT facing the freeway.
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
redroofstockton, Webmaster at Red Roof Inn Stockton, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2015

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m glad you had a good experience at our clean, comfortable hotel. I’m sorry the neighborhood made a bad impression on you. It’s actually quite safe, and we take pride in being part of it, raising the standard of the neighborhood in every way possible. I hope you will focus on the good and make us your first choice in the future.

Reviewed 11 March 2015

Staff was friendly....that is the beginning and ending of the pros....not a good reason to stay at a hotel however.

Location is bad, close to freeway and in an unsavory part of town. Leaving our room we run into some young men hanging around, not sure if they belonged there...my guess is no!.....I was glad to be with my boyfriend who can look like someone you don't want to mess with, I would have been very scared if I was alone.

if you are heading south on I-5 no problem, if you are heading north you will need a GPS to find the on ramp to I-5.

This was my first time staying in the Stockton area, my advise.....find another hotel.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank dreamofengland
redroofstockton, Webmaster at Red Roof Inn Stockton, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2015

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m terribly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations in some ways. We take real pride in this hotel and believe that pride shows in everything we do. I’m disappointed that we could not satisfy you, and I hope you will try us again in the future. We’re always working to make the guest experience better than ever before.

Reviewed 17 February 2015

We drive from Washington to southern California about once a year. This year we thought we'd change things up, and stay at Red Roof Inn, instead of our other Stockton hotel, as the reviews were great, and they are also dog-friendly.

When we pulled in there was a group of several unsavory looking young men hanging out in the parking lot next to their older cadillac, trunk open, music blaring. My husband went into the office to check in, and a woman sitting inside, in full view of the clerk told hubby she was homeless, and needed $20 more dollars for a room. We get into our room and the floor is dirty, plus there are what appeared to be drilling shavings all over the floor by the TV. No remote for TV. Cracks in the bathroom tile. Okay, it was going to be a short night anyway, so we decided we could handle it. We go together to get dinner "to go" --- because I was too afraid to wait in the room, as originally planned. The front desk clerk said we had to go back on the freeway, two exits, in order to find a restaurant or drive-in. As we leave the hotel we come across a group of older teenage girls who are walking down the middle of the road. We drive into the opposite lane, slowly and carefully, and several of them start flipping us off and cursing at us. After driving for a few minutes we realize that our stomachs are in knots, and we can't eat any more, so we drive back to hotel where the girls are now hanging out in front of the hotel. We look at each other and know we will never sleep a wink in these conditions, so we pack our bags, check back out (homeless woman asks for money again), and we get the heck out of there. Hubby was given a refund since it was just a few minutes, and for that we are grateful. Never again.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
4  Thank audreyinwa

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments despite not actually staying with us. I’m sorry that actions by other guests made you uncomfortable and that maintenance issues also detracted from the experience. We take real pride in this hotel and regret that we couldn’t accommodate you. I hope you will give us another chance to satisfy you when you come to town again.

Reviewed 5 November 2014

I stay at a lot of Red Roof Inn(s) nationwide and this was a little off in that the staff didn't have answers to questions about their own turf.
They were very nice, but clueless when I asked about local ammenities. This was the first Red Roof that has a policy of not providing clock radios in their rooms.

Room Tip: Bring your own clock radio and internet connection.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
redroofstockton, Webmaster at Red Roof Inn Stockton, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2014

Dear Guest,

We thank you for providing us with the review. Your kind words always help us perform better in our endeavors. We try to provide the best facilities and services possible and reviews like this will certainly help us understand our customers better.

We also apologize if you had any unpleasant experience with us during your stay. We will take your feedback and make necessary changes. We hope you will recommend us to your friends and families. We also would like to see you stay with us in your next visit. Thank You.

Reviewed 7 October 2014

We have stayed here a few times while we were in the area. The location is convienient and right off the freeway which is perfect. The thing I love about Red Roof Inn Stockton is the staff. They are some of nicest people. The rooms are kept up and the new furniture is great.

Room Tip: Ground floor front side
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple