“Good value, good food”

Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 28 February 2017

My partner loves fish tacos so we look places when we travel. These are not the best fish tacos we have had, but the variety of tacos and the prices are fantastic. I also tried some of the other things on the menu (pozole and tacos al pastor) and they were also very good. I grew up eating home made Mexican food, so my standards are very high, so I'd say the preparation here is very good and well worth the price.

There are a few issues with the place. One is consistency. We ordered the sweet plantain and strawberry dessert. We have had sweet plantains at a number of restaurants and our first visit the plantains we had were about the best we've had, but two days later they were substandard. The other concern is the service. The staff are friendly and competent, but very over stressed and they lost track of one of our orders.

Despite the shortcomings, this is a place we'll go back to whenever we are in the area.

Reviewed 18 September 2016

Everything is fresh & hand made to order. We've never had a taco we didn't love. Fish tacos are a refreshing change from carnitas for me (although I love carnitas).

Reviewed 12 September 2016

Very down to earth, (basic tables and benches). There are about 10 different sauces to put on what you ordered. I can speak for the salmon tropical salad. Delcious. Very fresh tropic fruit and salmon cooked perfectly. It is possible to order the fish to be cooked in a number of different ways, and there is a larger variety of fish to choose from.

Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

My cousins took me here when I visited them in Pasadena. On their recommendation, I had the shrimp and scallop burrito. Sooo good. (In context: I used to live in San Francisco so even if I am based on Asia where we don't get good burritos, I know what one should taste like.)

They ordered more food but I couldn't eat more than my dish. Brought some food home and it was still great the next day.

Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

Senior Fish in South Pasadena is located on Mission St. The seating area is very spacious and decorated with beautiful photos of Mexico. Food is great. My favorite is fish (grilled or battered) taco, beet salad, fish & chips, and chicken Quesadilla. They have self-serving condiments and sauce area.