See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

The location is fairly central for anything you'd want to do. I personally picked it because it was close to where I could park my tractor-trailer as well as about a 30 minute drive from downtown. The price was affordable and definitely reflects the quality. The room was cheap, but clean. The fridge wasn't working properly, but other than that everything else about the room was fine. The wifi wasn't very good and kept cutting out, but it did work most of the time. There is a shopping center basically across the street, which was perfect for me as I didn't have a car. I would stay here again if I was in the area.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Timesh_p, Guest Relations Manager at SureStay Hotel by Best Western South Gate, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Alisiya G,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay at our hotel. I'm glad that you found our location convenient at a reasonable cost. We hope you were able to explore the area! We value our customers well and we are happy that you stayed with us! Thank you very much.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

We stayed in Juli 2017 at the motel. Our room was renovated and very clean. Parking on the property, Supermarket just 5 min. walk away. Easy drive to city center. Very good value for money. We can definitely recommend this place!

Room tip: We stayed downstairs. The room was newly renovated.
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Timesh_p, Guest Relations Manager at SureStay Hotel by Best Western South Gate, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

FarDownUnder,

Reviewed 11 December 2016

Stayed here with my girlfriend during our LA trip. It's a pretty centralized location. 15-30 minutes from: Downtown LA, Disneyland, Long Beach, Santa Monica.... you get the point.

Definitely affordable and the staff is nice. I would recommend to anyone looking for a place to stay.

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

AlexRdg,

Thank you so much for sharing your review and giving us an honest look at the guest experience in our hotel.I am glad that you enjoyed the value and the convenient location of our hotel! We are delighted by your compliments, rating and review of our high housekeeping and hospitality of our staff. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated and we hope to be of service to you again when you return to the area.

Reviewed 31 August 2016

Drugs, crime, and prostitution, what more can I say. Wow the area is all industrial and poor. The front desk people are very nice and helpful, but very dangerous area. Missing toilet paper rolls, thin towels and smelly room. Noise all nite long on both sides of us. Clean and comfortable bed.

Date of stay: August 2016
Timesh_p, Guest Relations Manager at SureStay Hotel by Best Western South Gate, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2016

Thank you for your review. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced due to the noise level of the hotel. We strive hard to maintain a quiet and family friendly environment, but we can not control the actions of our guests. In the future, please speak with our front desk staff if there is too much noise, and we will gladly speak with the other guests, or move you to a more quiet section of the hotel. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 11 July 2016

"It was a long and hard week of activity during my visit to California. This was my last night before returning to NY. After checking out many hotels in the area, I was convinced that I had to travel far from West Gate to find something even remotely decent. Once America's Best Value Inn in South Gate was discovered, Akunna, the sales associate made it easy to de-stress. We doubted all of these positive reviews and requested that we be allowed to check out the room before actually paying for it. My mom, a particularly harsh critic was happy to have me continue with the transaction! The staff was great, our room at the America's Best Value Inn & Suites was clean and cozy! The location is at the heart of everything!

We probably would not even have gotten that far if it were not for Akunna's excellent deployment of professionalism and warm hospitable nature. Her calming voice made it impossible to continue being stressed and we quickly realized that we were even more tired than we thought! We were not going anywhere else! We would not be surprised if one day she takes on a corporate role!

So don't be discourage and leave South Gate after being disappointed by the plethora of low-budge, lack luster rip-offs in the area. America's Best Value Inn & Suites is the only Oasis of the Area! Thanks to Akunna and the rest of the staff, our stay was comfortable, easy going and worth it!"

Sincerely, J'Mar

Room tip: Perhaps ask for a room not facing the main street, but I didn't mind it at all.
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Timesh_p, Guest Relations Manager at SureStay Hotel by Best Western South Gate, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2016

Jmarromain,

Thank you very much for your kind words it was our pleasure hosting your family during your vacation. We work very hard to ensure all of our guest have a comfortable stay. Please come back and visit us again soon!

Guest relations