“Same old, same old”
Review of Michael's on Main

Michael's on Main
Reserve with OpenTable
Michael's on Main is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 36 Restaurants in Soquel
Price range: USD 30 - USD 30
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Bay Ave
Description: Nestled along Soquel Creek, our historic property has a creek-side outdoor patio, and our Fireside Dining Room features floor-to-ceiling windows with a wonderful view of the creek. Our menu is based on a simple philosophy. We have americana cuisine. If it has ever washed up on America's shores, you just might find it on our menu! We always have a daily fresh local seafood catch; we also have pasta specialties, steaks, chicken adn vegetarian creations, vegetaria
Reviewed 17 August 2017

Lunch with friends on their lovely patio on the creek. Service was inattentive, food was mediocre at best. French fries greasy and limp, Club sandwich was okay. My friends had salads which looked pretty good. So many other really good places to go in the area, Won't go back soon.

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

My wife and I had a spectacular dinner here Friday evening !

I've been going here for many years, especially to listen to live music.
I thought the food was typically good but not great but the bar was fun and the service very good.
The new owners took over {Michael and Colleen ( I believe)} last Christmas/ New Years. We went New Year's Eve and had fun and the food was on par with the previous owners.

However, Friday's meal was on another level.
We started with the large beet salad split ( done in the kitchen). Delish!

I ordered the fried chicken. The menu said fried confit chicken leg quarter. I surmised it was first cooked Sous Vide then cooled, then battered and fried ( the recipes I've seen for fried chicken using Sous Vide ). It was spectacular! The side mashed potatoes were also wonderful. My wife had the red snapper and it was also top notch.

The owners came by to say hello and confirmed the Sous Vide prep for the chicken. They also recommended their sampler dessert for only $7.
We shared it. Excellent! Creme Brûlée, brownie and whipped cream, strawberry shortcake, and one other.
They have really kicked this place up

We were seated on the patio, listening to the live music, under a heater on a gorgeous night.

We're going back!!!

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 22 July 2017

Burger week in Santa Cruz we went to Michael's I had never been there. We went sat outside lovely the creek in the background, a little cool. I read the menu and saw Kobe burger I was so surprised and pleased. We all ordered the Kobe burger cooked to our taste and they were beyond wonderful.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

The restaurant serves delicious food from a hospitality driven staff! The patio is the place to be on a beautiful sunny California day. The trees and the creek make your dining experience a "one of a kind". Go for brunch and try all the classic dishes or go crazy and have their Hawaiian French Toast (OMG) coconut syrup, bananas and macadamia nuts!!!! Delicious! They also have really good bands and room for dancing! Great for date night :) Also, very family friendly... oh and bring the pups too, they give you water bowls!

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 13 June 2017

Fabulous food and music in a relaxed scene. Slip into the restaurant or eat out on the porch. This place has it all. Love love the deck. Lots of tables surrounded by trees. Slip into a corner for quiet conversation, or dance by the open doors on a Sunday afternoon. Slip into the dining room for top notch cuisine at reasonable prices. I grabbed a meal as an after thought, took the suggestion of our food server, and was absolutely wowed by the food.

Date of visit: May 2017