“Wonderful outdoor setting and tasty food”

Sunflower Caffe Espresso & Wine
Ranked #1 of 124 Restaurants in Sonoma
Price range: USD 10 - USD 20
Cuisines: American, Healthy, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Description: If you've sought out a great latte, breakfast, lunch or been on the Historical Plaza, we hope you visited us at the Sunflower Caffe. Established in 2007, Set in California's Historic Landmark #501 "Salvador Vallejo's Home" the Sunflower Caffe is the perfect place to start the morning or enjoy lunch on our beautiful garden patio out back or at a table out front and watch the world go by. Using local purveyors, sustainable, organic ingredients whenever possible! Order up front at the counter from our friendly staff! We offer our guests WIFI. Try us at the tail end of our day at our Daily happy hour 3-4 p.M. Featuring many local wines. We look forward to serving you in our relaxed atmosphere.
Reviewed 22 March 2012

We are from out of town but eat lunch at this great place when in Sonoma. It has a charming outddor setting in the rear. We both had the half sandwich and white bean soup combination. The chicken salad was great, as was the grilled chesese on sourdough bread. Everything is top notch in this great place.

1  Thank Pnemiller
Aaron_Mills, General Manager at Sunflower Caffe Espresso & Wine, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2012

Pnemiller,

Thank you so much for the great review!

Im glad you tried our combo, its an excellent value. The white bean soup was really good that day, we actually have new soups almost daily and our chef is known for amazing homemade soups!

Today is a rainy day so its time for some warm comfort soup we have a roasted chicken and fennel as well as a chickpea curry soup (one of my favorites)

Hope to see you out here again soon to soup it up!

Reviewed 14 March 2012

Stopped by for a bite in between winery visits. Don't let the long line deceive you, it moves quickly and it is just to place your order. Take your number to the table of your choice (outdoor seating in the front for views of the square and in back - gorgeous patio) and your food will be delivered shortly. I had the shrimp roll (great if you enjoy a lobster roll) and my husband had the chicken breast sandwich (very savory). This place is an excellent value!

Aaron_Mills, General Manager at Sunflower Caffe Espresso & Wine, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2012

Travelbug,

Glad you came by after your tastings, if you had came just a month or so later you would have been able to experience some of our lovely tastings at the garden winebar:(
Either way sounds like you were happy with your visit! Thank you for letting people know the secret to our line, it really isn't as long as it looks and we are pros at moving it through as quickly and thoroughly as possible:)

Come back soooooon!!

Reviewed 10 March 2012

I went to the Sunflower Caffe for breakfast and it was delicious. They have lots of options, waffles, omelettes, breakfast sandwiches etc. and most importantly MIMOSAS! The service was good and the food came out quickly. Highly recommended for breakfast!

1  Thank luckyanatra
Aaron_Mills, General Manager at Sunflower Caffe Espresso & Wine, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2012

Hey Lucky!

Glad to see you found our monster mimosa! and managed to recognize its importance:)

Hope to get you back out here sometime to see what an awesome lunch we have as well, especially if you can make it to check out our outdoor grill during the summer!

Thanks for the great review,

Reviewed 6 March 2012

Best place to meet for breakfast or lunch. I have most of my business meetings here and the Mocha Breve's are the best around. Everyone is smiling and helpful and I always see tourists happy to be there. The building has a rich history and when I sit outside looking at the building I imagine all the people who have passed through the doors.

Aaron_Mills, General Manager at Sunflower Caffe Espresso & Wine, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2012

Hey Happy!

Thank you for the props!

Yep this is a great environment to do business, I should know, I do about 100% of my business here haha:) Its nice to have so many other local business meet here though. Its makes us feel good to be an office away from the office for everybody else.

Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 February 2012

Monster mimosa was amazing. Duck Sammie was good, chicken salad was great. Great value. Patio is beautiful. Staff was courteous. Go for lunch or breakfast!

jamesmhahn, General Manager at Sunflower Caffe Espresso & Wine, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2012

Hey Candegurrl!

Thank you so much for the kind words!

Yep the duck sammie is our year round specialty, its a tough battle between that and the lamb burger once we fire up the grill for the summer which I hope you have a chance to come taste test:)

Oh and yes, the monster mimosa is REDICULOUS. I am fortunate to have easy access to such a delicious pool of mimosa to swim in...on my days off of course :p