All reviews cookies wine and cheese great location egg dishes hot tub quiche wine country afternoon wine a nice touch within walking distance crackers late afternoon gas fireplace town square staff was very friendly and helpful yogurt two blocks
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Not quite sure why this is rated highly by so many people. Yes, it's in a very convenient location only 5 minutes walk to the plaza but the building itself is off a suburban road between a petrol station and a school so not a 'great' location by any stretch of the imagination. The rooms are not overlarge but have enough room for a couple of armchairs with doors to a small balcony either over-looking the school if you are on the second floor at the back or with no view at all if you are on the ground floor. The first night we were on the second floor (115?) but had the worst nights sleep in the 3 weeks we spent in California due to the noise from either a/c or an extractor or pump that was on continuously - it was never established whether this was in an adjacent room or part of the hotel systems. We were moved to a ground floor room for the second night and this was fine. Afternoon canapés were good but if you're going to serve wine in a wine area then please make sure it's drinkable - even if it's free. Staff were generally very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Blob
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My wife and I just finished a 3-night stay here. You need to understand what you are getting before you book a stay here. The Inn is located a short walk from the square in the city of Sonoma. This hotel is not a high-end spa resort. It's a small (less than 30 rooms) inn that is located in town. It's not close to a vineyard or out in the country. It's set back off a main drag with a couple smaller buildings out front in the parking lot. One is a tiny office and the other is an annex containing a couple additional rooms. Yes, there's a gas station on the corner and you can see it from your balcony if you have a room that faces the street. However it does not have a big neon sign. There's also a daycare center behind the hotel and you can hear the kids during the day.

All that being said, I like this hotel. It is extremely well taken care of and is spotlessly clean. The staff was friendly and helpful. Our room was on the second floor and faced the street, #19. It had a nice king-sized bed, two comfortable chairs, a nice balcony with a table and chairs, and was nicely decorated with yellow-striped wallpaper. There was plenty of lighting in order to read. The bathroom was good-sized. My only issue with the bathroom was the sink. It was a shallow bowl with a faucet that stuck out awkwardly and had a funky lever for controlling the water. The shower was normal-sized and the water pressure was strong. Although our room faced the street, the noise was minimal and did not impact our sleep.
The hotel lacks a swimming pool, but does have a large hot tub on the second floor. The lobby/reception area is large and nice. This is also where the hotel serves breakfast every morning and has an afternoon wine reception. We only attended the reception once. There were only a couple of other people there. But the wine was fine ( one red, one white). The appetizers where basic cheese, crackers, and a hot items that was pastry with some type of filling. Breakfast was okay, French toast one day and an egg dish the second day. Always some kind of baked good, a couple types of cold cereal, juice and coffee. They also have cookies available in the lobby all day which were just fine.
Overall, was happy with our stay and would consider staying again if we wanted to be in Sonoma proper.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Spidey1165
Reviewed 31 May 2014

First of all, the location of this property is prime. I love the fact that my boyfriend and I walked just one major block up to the main square. All of the staff here is incredible starting from the front desk {Linda, Charlene, Sean, and Ryan} to the main chef/baker Irma. I am a total foodie and I loved the fact that the breakfast was included in the price. Everyday varied breakfast burritos, spinach, grilled potatos, english muffins, quiches, fresh baked breads and cakes, juices and very yummy coffee. I also liked the fresh baked cookies everyday in the lobby. I slept like a baby here. Very super quiet classy guests and another plus not many kids. Our room and inn was nice and clean. Unfortunately, I gave this review a 4 stars instead of 5, because I learned from another guest that less than half a block from this inn was something called "wine alley", which is several small wine tasting rooms so that you can sample some of the local wineries this way. I was really surprised they had not mentioned this information, since most of their guests come to Sonoma for the wine. Despite this I would without a doubt come here again and the next time visit that "wine alley".

Room Tip: We found that the rooms on bottom floor right of the main lobby is quietest.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I was confident based on trip advisors reviews this was a good place to stay for my recent trip to Sonoma. The room was fresh, bright and cozy and above all, VERY clean. I was impressed. Breakfast was delicious. Afternoon apps and wine a nice touch and home made cookies daily was over the top! Location was perfect. Joined friends staying at The Lodge who paid almost double the price and liked the Inn better!
On another note, did not realize I left my iPad. The Inn called to let me know and shipped it to me! Wow!
I'll be back with my friends next time!!!

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank bailey0420
Reviewed 27 May 2014

If you really want to stay in the heart of Sonoma, this is it. The place is setback about 75ft from the Main St, so you really don't hear the traffic. Being able to sit outside during a wonderful breakfast or have wine, cheese and crackers in the afternoon is nothing but relaxing. The staff was always helpful, smiling and gracious. Best part is being so close to all the downtown shops, restaurants, and activities at the Square. Rooms are big enough, the beds are comfortable, the rooms are clean, the hot tub perfect, the food is great and location is key! Would definitely stay here again and would encourage anyone looking at a Sonoma vacation to look here.

Room Tip: Try to stay at the main building, access to breakfast,afternoon snacks, hot tub is all there.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends