Don't stay here. Other than the concierge (Lily), there isn't a positive to write about. They're all nice enough - just don't actually need anything from anyone and you'll be fine.
Awkward walkways to rooms (you either drag your bags through the pool or you have to skirt the edges of the tables they have for corporate events and duck under the lime trees). Odd parking setup.
Asked for bell service for out 7 bags/wine boxes - didn't bother to send someone. Wife went up to the front to ask again, in person, and still never sent someone. Waited total of 40 minutes, mostly outside in the sun with my new wine purchases baking. I have a bad back, but ended up dragging them down the 20-step flight of stairs myself and through the hotel, one by one. Perfect ending to an adequate stay. The only reason for one star is that it's required and Lily gave us such great ideas and experiences outside the hotel that she gets her own star in the rating - hotel is zero stars. Tried to contact the manager and director of room operations and get some feedback or an explanation before writing this review - waited a full week, but both women ignored me.
Expensive rooms for what you get. Air vents right onto bed, so you freeze when the A/C kicks on. Also, there is zero storage in room. Literally one drawer for all of your stuff. Maybe drawers are a thing or no one folds their clothes anymore? There are no hooks, either, which is weird - none in the bathroom, closet, or hallway. Maybe their average stay is only a night or two and people don't usually bring anything with them or dry their towels? Who knows. Just strange design.
Lots of great places in and around Sonoma to spend your money. Don't do it here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy vibrant charm in a tranquil setting at The Lodge at Sonoma Renaissance Resort & Spa. Nestled in gorgeous Sonoma Valley, our impeccable Wine Country resort in Sonoma, California sits less than an hour north of San Francisco and is centrally located among the country's finest wineries in Sonoma and Napa. Showcasing the incredible beauty of the valley, our accommodations combine authentically artisan surroundings with contemporary facilities to create a haven of casual sophistication. The award-winning Raindance Spa in our Sonoma Valley resort offers the ultimate in reflection, revitalization and romance. Carneros Bistro at our resort features local wines and innovative cuisine with Mediterranean influences. In a hurry? Try Bean & Bottle, our wine & coffee bar with locally inspired items to-go. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, lastminute.com.au, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Lodge at Sonoma Renaissance Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Sonoma Renaissance Resort And Spa
- The Lodge At Sonoma Renaissance Hotel Sonoma
- Hotel Sonoma Renaissance
- Lodge Sonoma
- Renaissance Sonoma
- Sonoma Renaissance