“Nice hotel, great restaurant, very nice service.”

The Lodge at Sonoma Renaissance Resort & Spa
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Sonoma
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 28 November 2014

Very nice hotel but remember CA is way more relaxed so the room is nice but NOT extravagant at all. I was just in a Marriott Level 8 in Palm Beach FL so the difference shocked me but that's how Jackson WY hotels are too. We were there to visit wineries. Please check your map (I didn't) so I only looked for hotels in Napa & Sonoma. All those little towns are in Napa too. St. Helena, Yountville, it makes a big circle around the whole area & you will travel the whole loop if you go to Sonoma wineries, too. Make sure you go to Bodega Bay where the Birds were filled. BEAUTIFUL coast.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 110 on first floor. Had walk out door to the pool & was a corner room. Quiet...
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,315)

Reviewed 20 November 2014

I traveled to Sonoma and Napa with my husband and his parents, and we stayed at this resort for our weekend getaway to Wine Country. Our room in a cottage featured a large tub, an open layout, a comfy bed, and a gas fireplace. My in-laws were upgraded to a gorgeous suite in the main building -- dining room, fireplace, separate bedroom, large bathroom.

Perks: Free (slow) wifi (with an option to pay for faster wifi). Free shuttle to downtown area every night. Activities at the resort like yoga, wine tastings, etc. Great bar on-site. Pretty pool and patio area (with outdoor fire pits!).

Downsides: Our shower was a little tight, and our upstairs neighbors were quite loud -- thankfully, the front desk staff were helpful and attentive, and the neighbors quieted down after only one warning from security.

I don't know that I could afford this resort without my in-laws' reward points, but if I could, this place would be at the top of my list for my inevitable return to this area.

Room Tip: The cottages are adorable -- would definitely recommend a room in one.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 November 2014

Everyone goes to Napa ... but it's little sister is Sonoma. Close-by to Napa, but not as busy. The Lodge at Sonoma was the choice for our Committee Retreat, so most of our activities were on sight. I stayed in one of the cottages, which was very roomy, with the nice amenities of a fireplace and large tub/shower. Although I didn't eat in the restaurant, several of my colleagues did and pronounced it to be fabulous. The catered food was very good. This was a good choice for a conference, as the facilities were excellent.

My only reservation is that this property is a fair distance from the Square ... not really walkable. I understand that there was a shuttle which I did not use, as I had a car. Also, the location is on the main road, leading into Sonoma, in the middle of a residential district. If you're looking for a quiet resort, nestled in a vineyard setting, this is not the place for you.

Room Tip: Other than the cottages, there are rooms on 2 levels. If I return, I would ask for a cottage.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 November 2014

I stayed here because of points rewards, and I was pleasantly surprised with the location and amenities. It is located 1.5 miles from the square and they have a shuttle bus that runs constantly to the city square to pick up and drop off for dinner, ect.. We ate in the square 3 nights and the shuttle driver was always there to pick us up! The rooms were adequate and clean and the resort was quiet with a nice pool and grounds. I would look carefully at where in the resort you would like to stay - main building, bungalows in the back, or the rooms in the building across the parking lot (where I stayed which was a bit less expensive) without a nice view. Just be sure you are satisfied with where you will be staying before you book - based on your budget. When staying here again I would choose a room in the main building overlooking the pool.

Room Tip: I would choose a room around the pool area in the main building.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 November 2014

We stayed at The Lodge at Sonoma Renaissance Resort and Spa with two other couples for our 30th anniversary. The lodge is located across from a hardware store and within bicycling distance to downtown Sonoma and a short drive to multiple vineyards. You will pay an extra fee for bike rental.

The property include free yoga in the morning and wine tastings in the evening.

There is a bar with food service off of the lobby. Each day the hotel provides different types of infused water.

The pool area includes a hot tub and seating. But unfortunately the pool is not heated.

We stayed in a cottage. The cottage is very roomy. It includes a bathtub and separate living room with fireplace.

The lobby is tastefully decorated.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not facing the parking lot. I would request a cottage versus regular room.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sonoma
0.8 km away
Ledson Hotel
#6 of 11 in Sonoma
14 km away
Napa Valley Marriott Hotel & Spa

Been to The Lodge at Sonoma Renaissance Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!