1,391 results
All reviews cottage room the cottages carneros bistro free shuttle the bean marriott points wine tasting wine country shuttle service pool area main building soaking tub separate shower on site restaurant gas fireplace concierge desk nice property
Reviewed 7 November 2014

Very nice, clean, convemient, excellent staffing. Really enjoyed the cottage atmosphere. Showers small and water soft. Loved the gas fireplace and private patio use. Wine tastings fun. Concierge very helpful . Great to have van transport to Sonoma square instead of walking or driving. Enjoyed the breakfasts, the lobby use, the pool patio with its heaters. Overall, a delightful place to stay.

1  Thank BrendaB769
Reviewed 28 October 2014

This hotel worked out great for us. The "cottage" was fantastic. We had a very spacious room with a living area and fireplace. The shower and toilet area were a little small. There was a window in the room with the shower which was great to refresh the room. The location was convenient to the winery's and there was a free shuttle into the town. The outdoor pool looked inviting but it was too cool outside for me to get wet. There was also a hot tub. All the staff were friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a cottage by the spa for quietness and convenient parking.
Reviewed 27 October 2014

Pretty nice facility at a convenient location. The only negative points are: soft water (cannot tell if I am getting clean when I take a shower, and an occasional bad smell from the farm land near by (depending on the wind condition). The restaurant is very good and so is the wine bar/cafe.

Reviewed 27 October 2014

Let me begin by saying that if you read the rest of my reviews, you will see that I rarely write a negative one...I understand that hotel staff are just cogs in the wheel..everyone is following a protocol that has been set by the corporate machine and no one has the ability to make a decision on behalf of a hotel guest. Sad really...But UNFORGIVABLE at these prices.

Check in: They are full..and only have a room with two beds available. SERIOUSLY? We have had this reservation for over 4 months...and its part of a bi-annual conference my husband has attended for the last 12 years. We requested a king bed. Our choice? Turn a romantic weekend in Sonoma in to an episode of the Brady Bunch with side by side matching beds? Or take the one remaining King sized bed in the Handicapped access room. We took the King bed.

The room: Well, it was large....and it had a decent bed...but unfortunately, the entire HVAC system for the building was situated outside of our window next to the bed. The system seemed to be in spectacular working order, as it ran LOUDLY all day and all night. Impossible to sleep. SERIOUSLY? (Remember gentle readers, that even at a conference rate, we were paying around $400.00 a night.)

Amenities: Impossibly cold pool, surrounded by luxurious poolside furniture.....A place that The Lodge at Sonoma waitstaff apparently dare not go. We sat poolside for 20 minutes before we realized that we would be ordering our own drinks inside...and then carrying them out to the pool. SERIOUSLY? There must have been 30 guests outside lounging....in Sonoma....wanting to drink wine in the sunshine...

The Final Straw: After two sleepless nights... we decided to move to the two-bed room in the lodge.
So we packed up the entire room...moved...and unpacked for one final night. The room was fine.
The amount of hassle was not. The next morning, I called the front desk, to ask if we could check out at 1:00, instead of the normal 12:00. The conference ended at 12:30 and my husband wanted to change his shoes, etc...before driving back to the airport. The answer...NO..... SERIOUSLY???
After a mind blowingly.. sub-standard experience in your facility, you can't give us ONE EXTRA HOUR? I packed up the room... hauled the suitcases down to the front desk...(HAIR on FIRE angry..) I asked to speak to the manager. She came out from behind the desk and asked me what my issue was...I recounted the story of our entire disappointing weekend. She wanted to know what she could do to help...NOW? SERIOUSLY??? What could she do to make it better? I don't know?
Eat a bug? Go jump in your own freezing cold pool? Tell corporate that this is NOT the way to treat guests at a "LUXURY" hotel property?

The solution? Take the bags BACK UP to the room!!! So they can bring them back down in an hour? That will make everything better...

SERIOUSLY?????

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank Crae H
Cameron S, Manager at The Lodge at Sonoma Renaissance Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2014

Dear Mrs. Crae H,
I appreciate you taking the time to provide us your feedback on your recent stay. I’m sorry that our service and facilities did not meet your expectations. I have shared your comments with the team so that we can improve our service. Again, thank you for the feedback and if I may be of further assistance please let me know.

Reviewed 27 October 2014

This is a nice, casual, laid back hotel. We were upgraded to a cottage which is a larger suite with sitting area and fireplace. Firepits in the commoms area make a nice place to sit and sip a glass of wine in the evenings. Fairly close proximity to square also offers shuttle.

Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple