From check in to check out we had a wonderful experience! We arrived several hours ahead of check in and were needing to change clothes and freshen up to get to a rescheduled wine/meal dinner. Fortunately our room was ready and we checked in early. Our check in person was able to help with directions to the winery we were visiting and offered to print the directions for us.
We had Room 23 and it was a lovely room, spacious and equipped with all the things we needed.
We dashed off to our reservation and were back to the Inn in time for the wine and cheese hour held in the Library. The wine and cheese reception was fine, nothing special but a nice a gesture nonetheless.
In the late afternoon we walked around the grounds to check everything out. There were nice trails and the landscaping was nicely done. There were sweet little sitting areas, a large chess garden and a swing for two. Upon returning to our room the turndown service had been done. Waiting for us were chocolates and samples from the Spa. Both were nice touches. Our room was on the ground floor so that evening we did hear footsteps from the guests occupying the room above us. But really this was no big deal.
The next morning we went to the Fitness Room before breakfast. Wow, it was really nice! The Precor equipment was seemingly brand new and in great condition. There was a treadmill, a bike and an elliptical machine. There were also free weights and another set of weight machines. There was a cold water tank and chilled towels that were mint or eucalyptus scented, these felt fabulous after the workout!
The included continental breakfast was very good. It consisted of juice, coffee, plenty of fresh fruit, muffins, croissants, yogurt, cereal, bagels. The service each morning during breakfast was very good.
We had rain on the last day of our stay so it was very nice to have an umbrella in our closet as well as additional umbrellas offered in the reception room. That afternoon we had an early dinner so we decided to check out a DVD from the Library and just relax in our suite. It was nice to have that option on a rainy night.
The staff was extremely helpful with all of our needs and inquiries. They were also friendly and welcoming. I would definitely stay there again and recommend this for a romantic getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury 64 room Sonoma inn and spa set on a historic 7-acre garden estate walking distance to Sonoma Plaza. Heated pool and whirlpool. Full service Spa. Saddles Steakhouse and Martini Bar. Continental breakfast buffet, evening wine and cheese reception, DVD movies, parking, and wireless internet. Bicycle Rentals. Close to more than 30 wineries. 15 Minutes to Napa. AAA 4-Diamond Award. Top 10 San Francisco and Northern CA Hotels - Conde Nast Annual "World's Best" Readers Poll. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, lastminute.com.au, Hotels.com, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Agoda, Expedia APAC, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your MacArthur Place - Sonoma's Historic Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macarthur Place - Sonoma`s Historic Hotel Sonoma
- Macarthur Place - Sonoma`s Historic Inn And Spa
- Macarthur Place Sonomas Historic Hotel
- Macarthur Place Inn & Spa