“Awesome!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Somes Bar
Marble Mountain Ranch - Family Guest Ranch
Alpharetta
“Awesome!!”
Reviewed 25 July 2011

We are just returning home and my 12 year-old twins and 19 year old daughter are already requesting a return trip for next year. There are so many great options every day: horses, shooting, water (rafting, kayaking, fishing) and the food is terrific. Doug and Heidi and family are great hosts. The weather was spectacular. I just loved the early morning cool runs but would recommend that if you do that to stay on the road. I went off-road on my first morning and met a bear. I'm glad he was not too excited about seeing me!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank MyRedeemerLives
randomaxeoflove, Owner at Marble Mountain Ranch - Family Guest Ranch, responded to this review, 25 July 2011
Thank you for the wonderful review. Regarding the bears: We have "black bear" here, which are for the most part docile. If they see a nearby bipedal homonid, weather it is humanoid or saskwatchian, they generally move away quickly. Actually, it is good advice though for our running visitors to carry a deterrent such as a pepper spray just in the event you meet the one-in-a-million angry bear, skunk, etc. My resident daughter in law runs regularly preparing for marathons and is happy to run with as many visitors as she can match schedules with. The reviewer is spot on though, as to the magnificence of the "cool morning runs"...thanks again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 19 July 2011

We have just returned from a family holiday in and around California with the highlight being a week long stay at Marble Mountain Ranch with the wonderful Cole family. We have children aged 4, 6 and 8 and the activites at the ranch kept all of us well and truly entertained and enthralled for the duration of the week. From learning to ride each morning to getting out on trail rides, shooting "real guns" and bows and arrows and then afternoons with thrills on the stunning Klamath river white water rafting - the experience was definitely one to remember. The activites cater to every level of participant in a way I probably wouldn't have imagined possible. The Coles really do go above and beyond to ensure that your experience with them is authentic, genuine and also warmly delivered. The food is great, the cabins well appointed and clean and you honestly won't find a more stunning setting. We really did have a wonderful week and I can't recommend the experience more highly.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank Harveysaway
randomaxeoflove, Owner at Marble Mountain Ranch - Family Guest Ranch, responded to this review, 21 July 2011
Hi Denise, thank you for your kind words. You remind me of several ironic points that we sometimes see:
1. We are often too far away from those who live nearby! Yet, you travel from Australia and enjoy a vacation to remember.
2. Our activities are either "too difficult for my young children" or "too tame for my teenager" or "Too challenging for my geriatric condition"....yet each week we see groups ranging in age from toddlers to 80+ year olds....and we make it work. Your family age range is classic, and it worked well for you.

As you mentioned, we keep you "enthralled"...the word I use is "engaged"...the bottom line is that your week is action packed, the kids are never bored, and we try to give you your money's worth... (although you can always choose to sit-out an event).... Thanks for sharing your family with us, and bringing a bit of Australia to California. Cheers!

Doug
San Diego, California
Reviewed 3 July 2011

Doug, Heidi and their family have created a truly unique experience. From the moment we arrived on the ranch we felt that we were in a really special place. The whitewater rafting was exhilarating and picturesque. My 6 year old daughter enjoyed all of the holes that Peter competently brought us through. The horseback riding lessons that Heidi provided helped me conquer my fears and allowed me to enjoy the incredible scenery on the daily trail rides. I was tickled by how much I enjoyed the shooting range! Ken and Adam are extremely knowledgeable on the fine art of shooting a gun. Master fisherman, Doug showed us the finer points of casting. Even though I didn't catch anything, I loved the serenity on the pond and the challenge of getting a nibble. Every meal was hearty and delicious! The women and men of the ranch take pride in the food they cook. There was great variety at every meal. For lunch and dinner there was always a home-baked sweet. I loved the food so much, I even bought a ranch cookbook. I can't remember the last time I had so much fun on a vacation. My daughter hated to leave when it was time to go and she shed quite a few tears when saying good bye. We certainly have extremely fond memories to look back upon! We arrived 'City Slickers' and left feeling like part of the ranch family. Hope all is well with all of you! Sincerely, Pam,Gerry and Lauren

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank Art4me
randomaxeoflove, Owner at Marble Mountain Ranch - Family Guest Ranch, responded to this review, 4 July 2011
Hi Pam and family. We have been blessed with wonderful guests this year, who have brought us as much joy as you have found here! The "perk" for us is the positive energy you all bring into our home. Thanks for the good times you enabled us to share, and we hope to see you all again at "the ranch"...Doug
Mission Viejo, California
Reviewed 30 May 2011

It was the total adventure package. We saw lots of wildlife. The family is amazing, the horses are well behaved, and the scenery was unreal. Even though the weather refused to cooperate they made sure we had other activities to do so we were always busy. They go above and beyond to accommodate every one.
Thank you so much for the most wonderful trip!!

• Stayed May 2011
3 Thank kristinrocks
randomaxeoflove, Owner at Marble Mountain Ranch - Family Guest Ranch, responded to this review, 5 June 2011
Thank you for your kind words. This has indeed been a cold and wet start to Summer and you and your mother had a somewhat different experience than we usually plan for. As a matter of fact, I just ordered an expansion of our cold weather gear for rafting, based on the weather forcast for the next few weeks. Frankly, I enjoy the horse riding a bit more in the cooler weather anyway.
We certainly enjoyed your company, and look forward to your return. Doug
Napa, California
Reviewed 28 January 2011

What an amazing adventure! We had a great time with the other guests and the family that owns and operates the ranch. They were were welcoming and so much fun to be around. The cabins are clean, updated and nicely appointed. The food was great - you are never hungry. Heidi has a wonderful cookbook - be sure to buy one. We made some great friends, saw some wonderful wildlife, rafting, kayaking, horseback riding - and I found out that I am a pretty good shot. We would love to go back and bring some nieces and nephews with us. If you stay for a week, be sure to add on a massage on Wednesday or Thursday. If you haven't ridden a horse in awhile it will be a welcome treat. You are definitely off the grid - some wi-fi in the main dining house, however, it was a welcome break from being overly connected.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sheri G

Been to Marble Mountain Ranch - Family Guest Ranch? Share your experiences!