See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 June 2017

I loved this place but found out it is now closed and the new owners are unsure if and when it will open. Even the tent area is closed so if you call you will not get any answer. Sorry to see this place close It was my go to spot for birthdays, anniversary and when I just needed to get away.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 February 2017

In the heart of the northwest wilderness you will find this wild rivers soul at Ship Ashore. Good food, good wine, a good game of cribbage and spend some time with local fishing guides before you go back to your room for a Jacuzzi. Wake early to see the excitement of people at breakfast meeting up with their guides for the day of their lives. It's a beautiful river in the most beautiful part of the northwest. Don't miss this one.

Room Tip: All rooms have a view.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 November 2016

We happened upon this place on our travels from Nevada to Oregon and loved it. The lady at the front desk was so nice and courteous and was happy to give us a downstairs room after hearing about my husbands bad health and not being able to climb stairs. Our room had sliding glass doors that went right out to the back parking lot and looked at the smith river entering the ocean. This place is not fancy, but very quiet and comfy. We even had a small kitchen. Will be staying here again in the near future. Great price, great room, great view, great people. Couldn't ask for more. Thank you so much!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2016

We rented a house right on the Smith River. It was a two bedroom and was just okay. I'm okay with a cabin, and this was just about cabin level. A bit low for a house. Older appliances and furniture and the beds were pretty hard. My buddy slept on the sofa because the bed was not very good. Place is very dated and could use a bit of investment $$$ to make it better. Don't stay in the rental houses if you are trying to impress somebody, but we were 2 fishermen and didn't care if it wasn't the Hilton. The restraunt and bar were dated, but I have to admit the food was pretty good. They had a prime rib special that was to complete meals for $35.00. Really can't beat that. Great view from the bar (where you can also eat) and very friendly staff. I believe they also run a RV parking, as you have to drive through one to get there, but I'm not sure who actually managed the sites. Please note, we did not stay in the actual hotel so this review is on the 2 bedroom house we rented for 3 nights.

Room Tip: I would ask to see the room before you check in. Beautiful area and views of the Smith River and the ocean.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 August 2016

First time staying at Ship Ashore. Stayed in the Jacuzzi unit. The view from the room was awesome, the bed was very comfortable, it was very quiet and the Jacuzzi was so relaxing. However, there really needs to be some serious updating. Rooms need maintenance attention and some TLC.
Restaurant was overpriced for the quality of food. Service was awesome tho and hostess very friendly.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple