“A fabulous "sleeper" for wine country”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Santa Rosa Sebastopol
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Sebastopol
San Francisco,Ca
“A fabulous "sleeper" for wine country”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

This hotel has become our little secret hideaway for the wine country. Great location for wineries, restaurants and antique shopping. This isn't Napa, nor do we want it to be. Sebastapol is a farming town primarily, but it has plenty to see and do. Lovely pool, friendly staff and great location, with breakfast thrown in. Refigerators are in the rooms, always a plus.

Room Tip: Try to be near the pool, if not away from the front.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Sunnyvale, CA
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Upon first glance, I would have easily given this hotel an "Excellent" rating. The hotel looks and feels very new. Everything (from the hallways, stairways, lobby, and room) are impeccably clean. The check in staff was friendly.

However; seconds after entering our room, we were hit with an overwhelming perfume smell. Either the cleaning products they use are heavily scented or a previous guest spilled their cologne on the carpet, but it was sensory overload. We put our bags in the room and opened the windows hoping that the smell would go away while we went out to dinner. We got back around 3 hours later and still there...needless to say, it was not a great night sleeping with the horrid smell that made me nauseous and the windows open on a cold February night. I guess we should have complained, so some fault can be on us.

However, I do wish that more hotels would do room checks before checking their guests in and situations like this can be avoided (if a previous guest had indeed spilled their perfume, which I believe was the case) and/or switch to cleaning products with less heavy scented perfumes. I get awful headaches when around aromas like the one described above and could not wait to get out of the room and into some fresh air.

Would stay here again, but would be more upfront when a room is not up to my comfort standards.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank maria1012
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 12 February 2012

This was my first ( and maybe last ) time staying at this property in my home town of Sebastopol. I had stayed here many times over the years visiting my mom when the hotel was a Holiday Inn Express. I am happy to say that the change in brand and management has not impacted the service in the least. Property is immaculately clean, beds are comfy with fresh white bedding, and comfy pillows. Liked the coffeemaker and fridge in room- perfect for stashing those bottles of wine and snacks you pick up while touring the western end of Sonoma County. My apologies to any guests who were inconvenienced by my huge moving truck taking up the back parking spaces- but the house was not full so I was able to aptly park my U-Haul overnight. This was a quick overnighter- but a good night's sleep in a quiet room was well worth it! Nice selection at the morning breakfast.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 31 January 2012

We stayed here on our way back from a vacation.
2weeks later the charge my visa $250 for a smoking fee and we dont smoke!
Called the hotel and was atacked on the phone by the manager! Who wont discuss the matter and doesnt care what we have to say! This si a total scam ! If they know you are fro out of town the will hit your card and there isnt anything you can do about it !
Warning this is new scam by california hotels and nthere are reveiws about this all over the internet! This hotel is on the top of the ripp off list!

Room Tip: make sure you have manager sigh off that your room is smoke free! If you dont she will charge you $2...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank jims338
lipstkshu, Owner at Fairfield Inn & Suites Santa Rosa Sebastopol, responded to this review, 8 February 2012
Jim S. – I understand your frustration and anger on receiving your credit card statement and seeing a $250 charge from our hotel. The fact is we are a totally and completely nonsmoking hotel so it is very easy to smell cigarette smoke or see cigarette butts when housekeeping walks into a guestroom. We have signs at all the entrances to our hotel that clearly states we are nonsmoking and your keycard holder clearly states “We are committed to a nonsmoking environment and you will be charged $250 if you smoke.” But, that does not usually deter anyone from smoking in a room if they want. This is not a scam by our hotel or any other California hotel , and I ask you to show me where you have read about something like this happening else where. So it comes down to this, there was something about your room that led us to believe either you smoked in there or someone visiting your room smoked in there. We can only go by what we smelled and saw. I would like to reiterate that we are reasonable people, and we look forward to working out problems with our guests not compounding them.
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed 17 January 2012

Nice clean rooms, great free breakfast, good location. Fitness room could use more equipment but hardly an issue to keep you away

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank A_Light_Sleeper
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sebastopol
1.5 km away
9.8 km away
Hotel La Rose
Hotel La Rose
#4 of 25 in Santa Rosa

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Santa Rosa Sebastopol? Share your experiences!