“Happy :35th anniversary”
Review of K & L Bistro

K & L Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
K & L Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 112 Restaurants in Sebastopol
Price range: USD 30 - USD 30
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Bodega Hwy.
Reviewed 30 April 2015 via mobile

We went to K & L for our anniversary dinner. Love this place. So cozy and great food. They overheard us making a toast and brought out the greatest desert and wished us happy anniversary. Great service! Always variet in selection. Freah and tasty! Don't miss this place!

Reviewed 23 April 2015

We have been going to K&L since it first opened. Last year, they reopened after remodeling and expanding. My husband and I have been back several times, both with large parties and as a couple. Each time, the service has varied between terrible and poor. Our most recent visit was to celebrate our 30th anniversary. When making the reservation, my husband spoke to Lucas, one of the owners, and told him of our previous experience. Lucas assured him they had made staff changes and we would be well cared for on our 30th anniversary. We were not. A waiter came reasonably quickly to take our drinks order. The water arrived immediately; the drinks took so long that my husband decided to go outside and have a cigarette. When the waiter did deliver our drinks, he said he would be back to take or order as soon as my husband returned. My husband returned almost immediately, but getting the waiter took until I finally could catch his eye. He took our orders and, at our request, left a wine list. He did not return to take the order until we again caught his attention as he served a nearby table. We were more than halfway through our main course before we were able to again catch his attention and ask for the wine. By the time it arrived, we were both nearly finished eating. We did not feel like lingering to drink the wine. Food, as always, was excellent, but we will look for another special occasion restaurant.

1  Thank Robin R
Reviewed 20 April 2015 via mobile

We 3 all tremendously enjoyed our meals yesterday. I had French onion soup which was delicious and brimming with cheese and a smoked trout and frissee salad with capers and a light mustard dressing. Light on the trout but excellent never the less. One friend had a beet salad that she thought was very flavorful but stingy on the beets and excellent frito misto. The other enjoyed his whole branzini fish that was boned at the table. Newly remodeled restaurant was nicely separated from the crowded bar area. We will visit again.

Reviewed 8 April 2015

This is a very tiny place, so be sure to have reservations. We ate there after the holidays and had a delicious dinner. *no drinks* - I was impressed with all of the food treats, the size portions were on the small side, but the taste made up for that. Bravo

Reviewed 7 April 2015

This restaurant has been remodeled and what an improvement to have more space. I love the new bar area too.
I have been going to this restaurant for years. It is consistently great food and good service. They really know how to make healthy food with wonderful flavors. Their kale salad includes pomegranates and roasted nuts with the pumpkin vinaigrette is amazing. There new calamari recipe is to die for. It is perfectly cooked with a sauce that is spot on! The flavors are rich with just enough spice. I also love their ribeye steak with the gorgonzola on top. One of the best french fries in town. Always cooked perfectly, never greasy and with the perfect crunch.
My one complaint is that the noise level is too loud. Really loud. I would have given them 5 stars except that something needs to be done about the noise. I do tent to make my reservations on the earlier side at dinnertime because of the noise. The food and service are so good though, that I continue to return with friends/family for lunch and dinner.