“Dog friendly view location hearty breakfast it doesnt get any better”
Review of River's End

River's End
Ranked #27 of 92 Restaurants in Seal Beach
Price range: USD 5 - USD 10
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Seal Beach, California
“Dog friendly view location hearty breakfast it doesnt get any better”
Reviewed 11 February 2012

We took our three golden retrievers and out of town friends and grown children to a wonderful breakfast
Waffles ,spinach omlets, super oatmeal
Endless and quick coffee refills
Watched the ships leave the port of long beach, Catalina island looked like it was a block away.

• Visited February 2012

Long Beach, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Place on the Sand”
Reviewed 13 May 2011

What can I say about this quaint little place on the sand? Time seems to be at a standstill as you watch the beach activities. I personally like the morning breakfast menu - great quality and affordable but I can eat breakfast all-day long. The other menu is a perfect complement to the location. It reminds me of how things used to be when you traded a bit slower service for a better quality of dining experience. If you're in a rush - go to McDonald's - if you want friendly service (Yeah - sometimes a bit slow but worth the wait) a relaxing experience and some good eating - you'll really like this place - brings back the 60's surf scene in true style. So get on you slaps, shorts or bathing suit and an old surf shirt or Hawaiian shirt and you'll feel right at home.

• Visited March 2011
1 Thank LaddieMc
Bellevue, Washington
“Freshly made salsa, diverse menu & an ocean view...”
Reviewed 19 December 2010

Stopped in for a late lunch but ended up having an excellent omelette with freshly made salsa. Lots of choices including those with seafood. My wife's seafood omelette was excellent. Only downside was the beach bathrooms. Outside seating with ocean views was a plus. Definitely will go back.

Long Beach, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Favorite Place on the Beach!!!”
Reviewed 26 June 2010

Can't beat the view in Southern California - Catalina, Palos Verdes, kites and kite surfing and surfing! Really on a lovely sunny day, light breeze (which they have blankets for if you are chilly) and a prpetual summer vacation always in the air, it makes for the perfect spot to visit. Be patient though. This is not like any other restuarant being that it is on the beach so you are going to wait a bit. Now the food is worth the wait!!! Breakfast we had the chiliqueles - YUM YUM YUM - mimosas and the chorizo and eggs. My kiddos split a Combo of pancakes, bacon and scramble eggs (perfect for a 2 and 5 year old). The staff is very sweet and due to the small kitchen the food takes a bit to get to you - so they are attentive on getting you coffee and making sure you are ok. I am a local so if you are going to go on a weekend be prepared to wait and if you aren't the owner is happy to remind you that there is a Mc Donald's down the street - just love that! Bring your camera and walk the beach and jetty when breakfast is done and if you have a dog bring them too. The staff is always prepared with puppy treats.

1 Thank SHANnon123010
California
“Little Shack On The Beach”
Reviewed 15 November 2009

From a distance it looks like something from an old small town tucked away on a small island...cute shack like. But what it has to offer is sweet ! Mom and Pop type. My first experience was wonderful, it was a cold morning and they gave me with a short blanket to wrap around my shoulders, how sweet! They also welcome dogs. That blew me away considering I am a big time animal lover. I brought my dog after an injury and then took him on the beach, he was so excited to be there unfortunately that was his only visit, he passed shortly after. I think about him each time I go there now. The food is wonderful, I usually have the fish tacos...yum, yum! There is a waitress by the middle name, Marie (hope its ok to mention her name) she always has a smile on her face and a hug for the those who welcome it. I drive about 40 miles for this sweet little shack on the beach. Been coming here now for about six years. A place of peace when I need a get away . After a full belly, I take a book and sit on beach to read or meditate. A wonderful way to start a day! Thanks for being there! I love this place so much that I am thinking of having our wedding here!