“Fun times!”

Ranked #23 of 80 Restaurants in Sausalito
Price range: USD 5 - USD 15
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Baja-style mexican with a California Twist! Enjoy outdoor casual dining right across from the water in beautiful Sausalito.
Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

This place is so Cute!! Super fresh & fun recipes. I absolutely LOVE their fresh watermelon margaritas & the Dungeness crab & shrimp chile relleno. I think it might have been a special but, it was the best we'd ever had . For not being directly on the water, they sure make you feel like you're right on the beach. It brought back some good memories for me. I do have to say that the fact that they use fresh & local organic ingredients was a huge bonus & delight for us. Thanks Sausalito taco shop!! You made our weekend a lot of fun & we can't wait to come back.

Reviewed 29 June 2016

I read a few negative reviews here and wonder if these people ate at the same place I did. I go here often and have never had a bad experience; in fact the food seems better each visit as Bree Thatcher, owner, strives to maintain a high level of excellence. Flavor is the key word to describe her food. And of course everything is prepared fresh, on the spot. People comment about the chips costing extra - of course they do! They are made on the spot in an area specifically dedicated to their creation and man, are they the best. I've never had better chips anywhere - crispy and light. The guacamole is just as good - flavor abounds with chunks of avocado. My preferences include any of the quesadillas or tacos - presentations are right from a magazine cover and food is prepared quickly from an expert kitchen staff. I know what to expect and they never disappoint. Even on their busiest days the wait staff moves with haste, care and dexterity - it's a well choreographed operation with seasoned professionals who care about the business and making the dining experience an enjoyable one. This charming place with quirky decor that fits right into the locale is no more expensive than any of the eateries in the town and you get a different kind of Mexican fare like no other.

Reviewed 29 June 2016 via mobile

We had a bad experience. Our fresh fish tacos tasted like rubber, like they came out of a microwave! This place is pricey for what you get, I guess you are paying for the location?! To top it off at the very end of our meal my husband found a long black hair in his rice, yuck! Maybe they were having a bad night?

Reviewed 29 June 2016

I stumbled upon this little haven one day after a hike with my family. We had a variety of tacos (carnitas & carne asada my faves). The servers were all very sweet and attentive to my children making sure their food came out fast enough and were occupied w. a coloring kit. This is a must stop if you're in the Bay!! You almost feel like you're in Baja with the tasty food and perfect harbor setting!! Oh and I love their horchata!!!

Reviewed 28 June 2016

I just love this place! The ambiance is cute and kitchy and the food is great-the big donkey burrito with chipotle sauce, fresh oysters and the Carnitas are among our favorites. I don't mind paying for chips because these chips are hand made and they are down right delicious-don't skip the guacamole or the spicy beans to go along with them