“Great view, good food - pricey for lunch”
Review of Seafood Peddler

Seafood Peddler
Reserve with OpenTable
Seafood Peddler is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 82 Restaurants in Sausalito
Price range: USD 30 - USD 30
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bridgeway
Transit: Bus stops are all along Bridgeway
Description: Visit the Seafood Peddler for the freshest seafood Marin has to offer. Dine indoors and enjoy the beautiful marina view or dine outside and enjoy our patio. Happy Hour Monday-Saturday 4:00pm to 7:00pm Plenty of Drink and Food Specials. Sunday Brunch 11:00am to 3:00pm. Daily specials: Monday & Tuesday $22.99 1lb Steamed Maine Lobster with Clam Chowder or Caesar Salad. Wednesday & Thursday $25.99 Surf and Turf Three Way Canadian Lobster Tail, Filet Mignon & Jumbo Stuffed Prawn. Choice or Caesar Salad or Clam Chowder. Friday, Saturday & Sunday $32.99 Full 1 1/2 lb Maine Lobster with Cole Slaw and Corn on the Cob.
Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

Four of us had lunch at the Seafood Peddler in Sausalito. The clam chowder was excellent, not super thick like some restaurants make. It was just right. The lobster bisque was very good. The crab cakes were delicious with the corn and frisee salad. We shared one order of fish and chips. The fish was battered with an Anchor Steam beer batter and cooked perfectly. The fries were a little soft, they could have been crispier. The housemade tartar sauce was great with the fish. We also ordered calamari for the table. It was cooked just right and there were two great dipping sauces. However, I thought the portion was small for the price, $12.99. One of our group got a chicken sandwich because he doesn't eat seafood.

Our table was a corner booth and we had a fabulous view of the marina. And the day was beautiful.

We came for the clam chowder as one of our people really wanted it. I would recommend it. Overall, the food was good to very good. There were lots of entrees I might have ordered but I felt their prices were too high for lunch prices. Most of the entrees were in the $25 range.

For four of us, for the dishes mentioned above plus two beers and one iced tea, the bill including tip was $125.

1  Thank Kris C

Reviewed 26 June 2018

I should have realized that this place was only average because they were not very busy when we were there, and other places were packed. I ordered the Cioppino and it was awful...a real disappointment considering that the Bay area is famous for this dish. Save your money and eat somewhere else.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

We had the clam chowder which was very good and the salmon was also very good The service was very good. Parking a little hard to find. Fresh fish counter also.

Reviewed 10 June 2018

We used to love the Seafood Peddler and it was our go-to for fresh fish. We were frequent visitors to its old location (now Phil Lesh's "Terrapin Crossroads.") But in its last couple of years at that spot, the quality of food and service declined. We still went occasionally.

But on our final visit, the food I was served was INEDIBLY salty and overdone. The waiter took it away huffily and brought back another plate (still not good) HALF AN HOUR LATER. (Leaving my husband to eat at my insistence and me to snack off his plate). No apologies, no offers of recompense from the manager, nothing.

Later I was still so mad (the attitude was even worse than the above makes it sound), that I wrote a PAPER letter to the manager describing what had happened. This went completely unacknowledged. So that was that. We never went again.

The Seafood Peddler moved to its current location in 2012. We finally decided to give it a chance. No doubt the day-to-day manager and service staff has undergone a complete turnover in 8 or so years.

We found the service adequate, though disinterested and slow. We didn't require anything haute cuisine or imaginative, just well prepared and tasty. Our meals were boring and bland AND expensive. So the meal was about $100 for two, no "big ticket" items like Dungeness crab or lobster. And utterly forgettable.

Also they seemed to have re-imagined themselves into a wood-paneled classic old seafood restaurant. C'mon people, you've been there since 2012.

So I have a lot of experience with the two incarnations of the Seafood Peddler, but again will not return since so many local options are better/cheaper/friendlier!

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

We came upon this restaurant while visiting Sausalito. We ordered the Mixed Grill and split it for lunch. It was perfectly prepared and presented. The sauces on the fish were wonderful. The au gratin potatoes and sautéed spinach were delicious as well. We had a lovely view of the marina! Our waiter was outstanding--mindful of our needs without hovering.