All reviews wine and cheese san francisco quiche a king deluxe room pastries vista suite sea lions angel island wood burning fireplace bay bridge breakfast delivered private deck continental breakfast our honeymoon each morning each evening valet parking
Reviewed 14 February 2018

I have not visited The Inn for several years. However, watching the sun raise above the hills of Berkeley from across the Bay, nor the morning view of San Francisco at water level will never change. Uniqueness is what makes The Inn a place to rest.

Stayed: March 2017
4  Thank Bob H
Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Spent an incredible afternoon and evening with our room overlooking the bay. Everything we wanted and needed was provided: incredible queen bed facing the water, large tub, comfy robes. The queen suite has a deck with chairs so you can sit outside and enjoy the view. A lovely wine and cheese reception is offered but we passed to enjoy the half bottle of Zinfandel gifted by the hotel for my birthday celebration along with a birthday card and rose. A knock on our door surprised us with turn down service where chocolates were left and very much enjoyed. After a nice dinner at a local restaurant, we enjoyed our suite with fireplace. Slept like a baby after a lavender mineral salt bath. A bountiful continental buffet breakfast is provided in the morning for guests. We had the choice of delivery to our room, taking a tray of items to our room or enjoying in a small room off the lobby (our choice). Even though we are local Sausalito residents we will definitely be back. We enjoyed every minute.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DebbieG2648
Reviewed 18 January 2018

My wife and I arrived here in November for a one night stay at the end of our short West Coast trip. I had visited the property a few years ago and had always wanted to stay there. In any case we were not disappointed. It's been a few months since our stay, so I don't remember the name of the rooms or of the lovely staff members, but they were all great. We had booked a suite and the manager checked us into a great suite on the first floor (each room has a fantastic view of the bay and San Francisco. It had a working fireplace and seemed perfect. He then told me that they were doing work next door and he didn't want them to wake us up. I told him that I didn't mind and I would be up by 5 AM. But he insisted and offered to show us an alternate suite. We went to the top floor, walked down the hallway and fell in love with the new suite. I believe that it might have been their top suite, but who knows. It had a working fireplace, a terrace (not as large as the other one, but perfect for us), a great bed and living room. The highlight of the room was a deep soaking tub with a clear view of the bay. We spent much of our time in the room, the view was incredibly relaxing. We also walked around Sausalito and had a great dinner at an Italian restaurant recommended by the hotel. In any case, whether for a night or a week, i highly recommend the Inn Above the Tide, the view alone makes it a must visit, but the rooms and service simply clinch this as my must go to for the bay area.

Room Tip: incredible views, wood burning frieplace
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank drbroadway
Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

This may have been one of the most amazing suites we’ve ever stayed in. Spacious and stylish, our room featured a wood burning fireplace, huge shower, deep soaking tub, incredible view and a bed that’s hard to beat. We had big intentions to do and see everything but after a day trip across the bay, we decided to do nothing else. Fire, wine, soak, movie.... repeat.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cabanak
Reviewed 14 December 2017

My husband and I stayed for one night at the Inn Above Tide. We were celebrating our anniversary that weekend and the hotel staff were very helpful and helped make it special. They even bought chocolates from a boutique chocolate store down the road and placed them in our room without charging us a markup on the cost of the chocolates. They offered complementary champagne as well when they found out we were celebrating our 20th anniversary there. Their staff was very responsive and helped us with dinner reservations. The waterfront view was amazing from the balcony of our room. Will definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple