“Quaint Quiet and Relaxing”

The Inn at Saratoga
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Saratoga
san jose, california
“Quaint Quiet and Relaxing”
Reviewed 30 March 2012

We live in town and had a power outage on our street that blew out a transformer. PG&E had a lot of problems on their hands, so it took them 48 hours to repair it. In the meantime, we stayed at the Inn of Saratoga. Firstly, my husband went first to set the room while I prepared our exit from our home. Once I arrived with our son, the staff were well aware of our situation and went out of our way to be helpful in making me feel relaxed. We stayed in 2nd or 3rd floor on the creekside. The beds were great, the air conditioning was perfect and we slept like babies. The next day we ate breakfast alfresco by the creek. The coffee and granola was yum, my son had pancakes. My husband and I really enjoyed our stay and made the power outage problem not such a problem.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
aptos,ca
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Nice quiet gem in Saratoga. No noise between the rooms. Lovely view from the rooms to the creekside.

Room Tip: nice very quiet setting. no noise between rooms.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank rosymiles
Jack H, Manager at The Inn at Saratoga, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
I'm so glad you felt we were a "gem" in the local community -- that really means a lot! That said, it sounds like you truly enjoyed your tranquil stay, so I'm surprised we only gave you a 3-star experience. It would've been great to know what might have been better in order to help us improve going forward. In any case, it's been a long time since your visit, and we hope you'll be able to join us again down the line. We'd love to welcome you back.

All the best,
Jack Hickling, GM
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed 8 February 2012

I stayed at the Inn at Saratoga by myself on business. The Inn is really pretty and probably a great place for a romantic getaway. Because I was by myself (and in a foreign country), I would have appreciated a lot more friendliness from the staff. It's true I arrived late and left fairly early, but the night staff seemed like they didn't care I was there, the breakfast staff (I really believe there was someone there) was not to be seen, and the morning front desk person, though friendlier, was a long way from friendly. The room was great - large, clean and comfortable. The breakfast was certainly adequate though nothing to write home about. The setting is in nature and idyllic. The town seemed really nice though not much was open in the morning before I left. If you plan to go to this town, I recommend you research it before you get there. I'm sure there was more for me to see and experience.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank yabiahomer
Fair Oaks Ranch, Texas
Reviewed 6 January 2012

My husband and I travel to Saratoga to visit family a couple of times a year. Our favorite place to stay has been this Inn. We have stayed in nearby Los Gatos also but we keep returning to The Inn for it's coziness, beautiful rooms with balconies, peaceful environment, friendly staff, nice complimentary continental breakfast and happy hour. It sits on a sweet little creek. Restaurants and shopping are all within walking distance of the Inn. Conveniently located from the 4th floor exit is a lovely hair salon and a nearby nail salon. All the comforts of home..

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Texas-Twosome-31
Whittier, California
Reviewed 29 November 2011

The manager, Jack Hickling, was exceptionally gracious. He spent a lot of time with me on the phone to find a room that met my requests ( large windows that provided a clear view of trees, quiet, spacious so I could practice yoga). Driving up to the Inn, I instantly felt like I was in Heaven. The air was fresh and scented from the marvelous array of trees. Upon entering the Inn, I noticed people were laughing and appeared relaxed in the lobby-- it was wine and cheese hour (this is provided every day)

Check in was smooth, quick and uneventful. My room was a wonderful suite that overlooked the stream and TREES, TREES, and more TREES! The bed was comfy, clean, warm, inviting.
A large flat screen TV with a VCR/DVD was neatly displayed in the living room.

Breakfast was delicious with a wide variety of food. I choose to pack breakfast up and eat in my serene room.

The last day, I was having trouble getting the VCR to work. I was determined to watch "When a Man Loves a Woman". I called Mr Hickling and he immediately came to the room and got the VCR working.

I needed time to absorb the peaceful surroundings and fill myself with peace. I definitely was able to do this and more. I look forward to my return stay.

P.S. The Inn is conveniently located within walking distance of the quaint downtown.

Room Tip: Deluxe parlor suite overlooking the stream on the third floor is spectacular!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank crystal12303
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saratoga
0.3 km away
6.5 km away
Los Gatos Lodge
Los Gatos Lodge
#6 of 6 in Los Gatos

Been to The Inn at Saratoga? Share your experiences!