USD 91
Northgate Motel(El Cajon)
USD 88
USD 75
USD 83
All reviewsfront desk personnelnice propertysan diegomanteomicrowave
Reviewed 15 August 2017

There were two young women at the check-in desk. One a new hire, was delightful and tried to be helpful but the other woman did not want her to answer our questions regarding the location of "suite." We told her we didn't need a suite - she didn't care, but gave us the keys to 306 and - in no uncertain terms - told us they did not provide maps and our room was "near where we drove in." Carrying suitcases we asked someone in a cart outside and they told us they were the "little housed" on the hill. We got there. Not houses, but four duplex buildings. Large rooms, in need of tender loving care but clean looking. We got ready to go to an Anniversary party and left. When we got back just before mid-night we heard a terrible electronic roar from the kitchen. Unplugged the refrigerator. No luck - it was coming from a locked cabinet above the refrigerator. The office was closed; called security and a wonderful young man came and was not able to open the cabinet and said he had never heard of this before. After trying for quite a while to open the cabinet he went to the office and found that room 302 was still available and helped move us there. We had a great night sleep and blessed Wes many times over. No one in the office the next morning seemed the least bit concerned. We will find someplace else to stay.

Room Tip: If offered rooms in the 300 series ask to see it first.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2017

Understand formal official check in time was 3:00. Were early at hotel for 3 different times, i.e. 10:30, 12:00 and 2:30 with 3 different receptionists. The first two receptionists were nice, polite and helpful. They requested to check back as room was not ready. However at the third time when the room was ready, the third receptionist insisted check in only was at 3:00. She was rude and had no consideration for seniors traveling all the way from bay area to San Diego as explained to her. Have never come across a hotel not allowing check in for one half hour early when there is the room available!!

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel. Room is very dark when curtain is pulled, not enough lamps in room. WiFi and cell phone reception were poor.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2017

On February 12th, I made a “confirmed” reservation for April 1st, checking out on April 3rd. The confirmed reservation stated $256.50 and when I arrived, it was increased to $300.50! I protested and it took the front desk employee about 20 minutes later to get it to back to the original confirmation.
Next, the original confirmation (printed copy) we paid more for “two double beds – golf view.” We ended up on lower ground floor staring at a dirt bank! When I asked for a reduction for the broken promise of a “golf view” room, the employee said “they are all the same price.”
On Saturday, April 1st and again on Monday, April 3rd, I asked for the Manager to be told he was not available or off. I have a feeling that I was being put-off by the front desk personnel.
Finally, in the room, only one packet of regular coffee producing only one cup was available all three days.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bob K
William H, Manager at Carlton Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2017

Good morning Bob,

I'll take a look in to this for you and make the necessary adjustments and refunds for you. I'm sorry for the confusion regarding your reservation, and if there's anything further I can assist you with, feel free to contact me at any time!

Will H

Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

Just wanted to get out of the house for a night and Carlton Oaks had availability. Good choice. Nice spacious King room with comfortable bed and dark bronze bathroom fixtures. The sliding bathroom door is a nice touch. Had drinks and a nice dinner in the bar. Overall, most satisfied, though an in-room microwave would have been nice.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
William H, Manager at Carlton Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2017

Good morning Brian,
Thank you for taking the time to review our establishment. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. If you have any further feedback regarding amenities we could add, I would be very open to hearing them. As always, if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact me at any time with the information provided above. Have a great day!

Reviewed 24 January 2017

The location was excellent, The staff was more than accomodating. The weather didn't cooperate it was a deluge of rain, Again, the staff weere excellent.The meals at the resturant were excellent. The rooms were clean .

Room Tip: view of the golf course
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
William H, Manager at Carlton Oaks, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2017

Good morning Peter,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review of how we did. I'm sorry to hear that the weather didn't cooperate with you, but I am glad that you enjoyed our restaurant. If you can think of anything further that we can do to improve, please feel free to email me at your earliest convenience. My email is located at the top of the page under "Hotel Email". Thanks again for the review, and have a great day!
Will H