“December 2011 stay somewhere else.” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hillside Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Santa Rosa
Hillside Inn
Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Essexville
“December 2011 stay somewhere else.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2012

I stayed at the Hillside in December of 2011. It was just ok, it is old and in need of updates. The kitchen is sparsely furnished. The location was great for us. We had a gift disappear from our room. I do not suspect the maids because nothing else of value was missing. I believe it was either thrown out, assuming the gift bag was empty, or it was stolen when the room door was left open. The gift bag was in close proximity to the door. When I tried to discuss the issue with the owner at the front desk he didn't want any of the information and rudely dismissed the subject. He is a horrible manager. I would not go back because of him and his attitude. He showed absolutely no interest in my missing item. It is his job to know what is going on in his establishment. He is not the only place in town, check out the other options before staying there.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank DueceDueceessexville

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

I visit Santa Rosa a few times a year and always stay at Hillside Inn. For the price and location, it is a deal. The price is always the same and I know what to expect. Every time I stay here, the owner is very nice and accommodating. I've stayed at other places while visiting the area and will always come back to Hillside Inn.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank mountainpatsy
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

We had 3 rooms over at the flamingo and moved over to the Hillside Inn because we found out they had kitchenettes and we could save $30 a night per room. The rooms are comfortable, clean and affordable. The owners and staff were nice enough. And Yes I did notice that “the maids leave the doors open to 'air' the rooms, and commonly leave them unattended”, I also noticed that no one is in them when they did that and they had already checked out. No frills, great value, great location.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
e. Lansing
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2011

The maids leave the doors open to 'air' the rooms, and commonly leave them unattended. My parents room was left open, with a laptop in easy reach, I closed the door, no harm, no big deal. A small gift WAS taken from my brother's room. When we reported it to the owner/manager, he was ZERO help. He was actually antagonistic! He demanded that we "Prove it!" I walked to an open, unattended room being 'aired', took out a telephone, set it on his desk. He became belligerant, aggressively arguing that it was NOT his problem, so we moved out.
His demeanor was a major, negative influence on our visit to California. Our friends in Santa Rosa say this is NOT an isolated incident, This is how he keeps YOUR problems from becoming HIS problems.

Room Tip: Stay at the Flamingo, or any number of nearby hotels.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Ken N

Travellers are raving about these Santa Rosa hotels

Indianapolis, IN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2011

I have to say that I have been to the Hillside several times and I have never had a disappointing stay. This hotel has ALWAYS been clean, friendly, affordable and quaint. The owner is such a nice guy and the staff was great ever time I have stayed. The rooms are very comfortable, very nice and gives you a warm home feeling. Next time I am in Santa Rosa, you know where I'll be!

Room Tip: The rooms with the kitchen are a must. They are the best.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family