“Excellent Value”
Review of Hillside Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Santa Rosa
Hillside Inn
Ranked #16 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Reviewed 6 January 2012

I visit Santa Rosa a few times a year and always stay at Hillside Inn. For the price and location, it is a deal. The price is always the same and I know what to expect. Every time I stay here, the owner is very nice and accommodating. I've stayed at other places while visiting the area and will always come back to Hillside Inn.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank mountainpatsy
There are newer reviews for Hillside Inn

Reviewed 4 January 2012

We had 3 rooms over at the flamingo and moved over to the Hillside Inn because we found out they had kitchenettes and we could save $30 a night per room. The rooms are comfortable, clean and affordable. The owners and staff were nice enough. And Yes I did notice that “the maids leave the doors open to 'air' the rooms, and commonly leave them unattended”, I also noticed that no one is in them when they did that and they had already checked out. No frills, great value, great location.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 December 2011

The maids leave the doors open to 'air' the rooms, and commonly leave them unattended. My parents room was left open, with a laptop in easy reach, I closed the door, no harm, no big deal. A small gift WAS taken from my brother's room. When we reported it to the owner/manager, he was ZERO help. He was actually antagonistic! He demanded that we "Prove it!" I walked to an open, unattended room being 'aired', took out a telephone, set it on his desk. He became belligerant, aggressively arguing that it was NOT his problem, so we moved out.
His demeanor was a major, negative influence on our visit to California. Our friends in Santa Rosa say this is NOT an isolated incident, This is how he keeps YOUR problems from becoming HIS problems.

Room Tip: Stay at the Flamingo, or any number of nearby hotels.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Ken N
Reviewed 23 November 2011

I have to say that I have been to the Hillside several times and I have never had a disappointing stay. This hotel has ALWAYS been clean, friendly, affordable and quaint. The owner is such a nice guy and the staff was great ever time I have stayed. The rooms are very comfortable, very nice and gives you a warm home feeling. Next time I am in Santa Rosa, you know where I'll be!

Room Tip: The rooms with the kitchen are a must. They are the best.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2011

I grew up in Santa Rosa but nearly twenty five years ago I moved away. I have had to stay at the horrible Hill Side because of it's close location to my Grandmother's house and Pacific Market. I have gone once or twice a year for at least 7 years. Ever since the first time I stayed there there has been a problem of one kind or the other. The ole man is the worst . The phone was busy for two hours in the room to get the front desk so finally I called through my cell phone long distance. He answered rudely as always I explained to him the phone had been busy for two hours. He came up straight away walked me to my room. I was in my Son and Daughter in Laws room and marched me to the phone and showed me rudely how I didn't operate the phone properly; In my Family it was sort of a joke Karma ish... I was the only smoker in the family and he had the only smoking rooms left in hotels small Family owned. So I deserved the hostility. But really the guy's a jerk. I was there this time with five rooms rented Family Wedding in Sebastapol. The next day we all got together to have breakfast and talk about the festivities the day before and my cousin had a mouse in her and her husbands bed. I set my bag down on one of the dressers and it left a huge smear on it. Dust. LOTS. The air conditioner has so much smoke in it you can't sleep. The blankets are skinny and smell of smoke badly. They insist on coming into the room daily so don't think you can be sick and left alone for a day and half ... Another time. My Daughter in law didn't sleep well the smoke in the sheets in her room. Her Husband smoked outside. All together we as a Family are done supporting his Family Business. It's a shame because of it's proximity to the people I love . But the next hotel will be polite and maybe even have HBO.

Room Tip: The Pink Flamingo is across the street.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family