I stay at BW properties over 30 nights a year and usually chose a Plus property as they are a cut above the regular BW's. In this case I was unsure why this property deserved that designation. It was OK, but really had nothing Plus about it.
This location is more like an old motor inn, single story with a nicely landscaped central space. The rooms were clean, the WIFI worked well and the shower head was very good.
The two main issues I had were the lack of free breakfast and just plain rude service at check-in. As to the first, there is a small restaurant on the premises where you can purchase breakfast. This is the only BW I have stayed in where breakfast was not included in the price of the room. We did not eat at the on premise restaurant so I cannot comment on it.
As for the service, the women who checked me in was downright rude to the couple ahead of me and curt with me. The couple ahead of me asked about local places to eat and if she had a recommendation. She turned the receipt she had given them to the other side and said, " they are all here", that was the end of the conversation....
When I checked in I could not remember my license number which was required on the form. I said I did not know it and would go check, she said "I don't really care what it is just make something up". OK, I had to ask myself then why am I providing it in the first place?
The neighborhood it is in is mostly car dealerships and brake shops, not particularly a great place to stay. I am sure there are better places to stay in Santa Rosa with better locations and friendlier service.
Overall, I repeat my question, why would BW make this a plus property?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tour the Sonoma Wine Country while staying at this beautiful, garden setting Santa Rosa hotel.The BEST WESTERN Garden Inn, located in Santa Rosa, California features 79 guest rooms and a beautifully landscaped quiet garden. Hotel guests are only minutes from Sonoma Wine country and all of the area attractions which include the Sonoma County Fairgrounds, the Russian River Redwoods and downtown Santa Rosa.All spacious well-appointed guest rooms come equipped with a microwave, refrigerator and high-speed Internet access. Guests can start the day off with breakfast at the coffee shop located on the hotel premises. The BEST WESTERN Garden Inn also features two outdoor seasonal pools, dry cleaning services and free parking.Families will appreciate being only one mile from the Snoopy Museum. The Luther Burbank Gardens and the Jesse Peter Native American Art Museum are also close to the hotel. Make a reservation today and save at the BEST WESTERN Garden Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia APAC, Wotif.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, Priceline, Hooroo Pty Ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Best Western Plus Garden Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Garden Hotel Santa Rosa
- Best Western Santa Rosa
- Santa Rosa Best Western
- Best Western Plus Garden Inn Santa Rosa, Sonoma County, CA