“Great place!”
Review of La Gare

La Gare
Reserve with OpenTable
La Gare is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 530 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Cross street: Between 3rd & 4th Streets in Historic Railroad Square
Sebastopol, California
“Great place!”
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I went to La Gare with my wife to celebrate a early Valentines day and was very impressed with the service and the food!
I have been leaving on this area for more than 10 years and this probably my best meal on all this time.
The restaurant was packed so we need waite for few minutes to be seated and we had a reservation (I think it important to do that on this restaurant). we started with a pea soup and was excellent than a normal salad , we asked crab cake for appetizer was great, spicy as need!
After I had mari mari for entree and was excellent and tasty, liked the macadamia outside!
Than we had desert, I had creme brule and my wife a chocolate cake and they wonderful!
I recomend anybody this restaurant for a nice dinner or date...good food in good quantitie!

• Visited February 2012

Baton Rouge, LA
“Accidental Excellence”
Reviewed 12 February 2012

We literally stumbled upon this place on the way to our turn-of-the-entry (20th) hotel. We saw La Gare just in the next block as we arrived late to the Hotel La Rose in Santa Rosa. La Gare means the station in French so we decided it would probably be a French restaurant. We were pleasantly surprised when we saw a full French menu with excellent gourmet selections. The restaurant is small, quiet, and mainly locals or savvy tourists. The food was very good, prepared and presented in fine style with a bit of a casual approach. The service was excellent but we did offer our server some 8 years old wine from our magnum. We do this often; but be prepared they pour for kitchen staff also, one generous pour. Great fun!

• Visited July 2011
Santa Rosa, California
“Tried and True”
Reviewed 22 January 2012

This place has been open here for many years. Roger is a fine chef and teacher. I have always had a wonderful experience here. Once I saw a very well known celeberity dining...

Sebastopol, California
“Swiss French”
Reviewed 12 January 2012

Simply wonderful. The Beef Wellington is the best I've ever had.

1 Thank jmwooley
Belmont, CA
“Great atmosphere and great food”
Reviewed 3 December 2011

What's not to like? The food is delicious, the decor romantic and the prices are within reason for a special evening. Go once and you'll want to return.

Visited June 2011