“More than I was expecting for a motel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sandman

Sandman
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Aurora, Colorado
“More than I was expecting for a motel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2011

The Sandman is wonderful! My husband had to be in Santa Rosa for work. Due to the timing, a lot of the hotels were over $200 a night! We didn't want to pay that much and ended up finding the Sandman. By the time we booked, all they had left were two queen beds. It worked great. I am always a little nervous when it comes to motels (had a really bad experience once...), but the first night at the Sandman put all those nerves to rest! The room was very cute and clean. We had friends in other rooms at the Sandman and theirs were just like ours. Very cute and clean! We hardly heard any traffic noise at the motel and didn't hear any from our room. The staff was very friendly. The breakfast was a typical continental breakfast...perfect for my husband and I who don't eat much. The pool was the biggest surprise...literally! It was huge for a motel! It was also very well maintained. When we have business again in Santa Rosa, I won't think twice about staying at the Sandman again! Wonderful experience!!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank mollymhoon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights in this hotel. arge room, very clean and comfortable. TV even has HBO. Great location for traveling around the wine country. You can't beat the price and breakfast is included.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MargaretS07
Beautiful Northern California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2011

Room looked great- smelled clean, looked clean, BUT there were bugs! Spied 2 and thought it was maybe a random bug and his/her buddy nevertheless I was up all night freaked about the possibility of more so I kept checking, in the morning saw a few more crawling up the wall and also on the bedskirt. I told the front desk and she just said "sorry". Other than the bugs the motel is great, but I had to give just the 1 star cuz bugs are sooooooo gross!!! Won't ever go back.

Room Tip: don't go unless you have bugspray...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank CaliforniaBeachhouse
Sierra Vista, AZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2011

I reserved a room through one of the online websites that does a price match. Needless to say, they screwed up and when I showed up at the hotel they did not have my confirmation booked. The lady at the front desk booked me in at a price even lower than what was quoted online (by $3) as she could see the frustration I was dealing with when trying to call the websites help line. The room was nice and I was close to the pool which looked really clean (I did not use it but I would have if I was staying longer). The Hotel actually surrounds a local eatery and is also close to several other food/gas and other amenities you could ask for. Overall, I was very pleased with the room and would definitely stay the next time I go back to Santa Rosa.

Room Tip: Show up and ask for a there special price, it is a little more expensive if reserved on phone.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank jbsvaz
Santa Barbara, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

Stayed at the Sandman two seperate occasions while house searching in the area. Only about $80 a night with a nice breakfast in the morning, but get there early! I have been to 5 star hotels and had issues so I was pleasantly surprised by this quick and last minute inexpensive stay with very clean beds.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple