“Great wine and Friendly Staff”

Hook and Ladder Winery
Ranked #15 of 103 things to do in Santa Rosa
Reviewed 6 May 2013

My wife and I came here after a quick visit to DeLoach Vineyards. The founder of DeLoach kept this parcel of land in the family to develop Hook and Ladder Winery. The vineyards and grounds looked very nice. The tasting room is near the winery processing center. Once we entered the tasting area, we were warmly greeted by the staff. The atmosphere was open, casual and very friendly. They talked with us about their good wines and gave us samples. The wine was very good. This is a small winery but well worth the stop to taste some great wine and meet some friendly staff. We recommend this winery.

All reviews
"server"
in 4 reviews
"sonoma"

Reviewed 23 April 2013

My family got to this tasting room late, but we were still welcomed in.
They give you five free tastings.
The late harvest Gewürztraminer was so good, we bought a bottle to take home.
They also sell a hot sauce to raise money for fire station, which was a nice gift.
Its very close to Deloach, so you can see two places at once.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

We arrived about half an hour before closing, and were treated as if we were the most important customers of the day. What a great experience. We enjoyed the wines AND the pepper sauce too. No cost to taste, and reasonably priced, great tasting wines. I recommend tasting and buying here.

Reviewed 9 March 2013

This winery is an absolute must visit every time my friends and I do the Wine Road Northern Sonoma Barrel Testing event. I am never disappointed with their wines whether they are in bottles or barrel. I most espcially love their Port wine. The winery is always fun and the staff are very friendly. I alwys enjoy taking pictures of their vineyard and ther fire truck in front. I also like it that they have chocolate samples, cheese and sometimes chili soup during the event. Always an absolute joy to come here. Best of all the prices are great. I always buy bottles of wine when I come here.