All reviewsspinster sistersmid centurymodern furniturecoffee and pastriesevery morningplace to staysonoma countywould definitely stay here againconvenient locationwalking distancecomfortable bedtwo nightsfront deskwine countryretroloungepros
Reviewed 2 March 2018

I loved the atmosphere of this place. The room was eclectically decorated and there was a great courtyard that I would have loved to spend time in if it wasn't freezing during my stay. The front desk gave me a coupon to my favorite restaurant (The Spinster Sisters- if you haven't been, you should try it!) that ended up being about 50% off my meal, great deal!
Honestly my only complaint was that the water pressure and temperature in the shower were very low. The temperature never got above lukewarm, and the shower head was one of the wide ones meant to make it seem more like rain, but with the low flow the result was a lot of difficulty rinsing the shampoo out of my hair.
Even with this small problem, I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Lisa R, General Manager at The Astro, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2018

First, thank you for your recent stay and review of the Astro. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we will give our immediate attention to the water pressure concern. Second, thanks for dining at our property's restaurant; The Spinster Sisters. How many ways can you say delicious?

We look forward to being of service to you on your next visit.

Many thanks,

Reviewed 22 February 2018

This is a great option in Santa Rosa. It is close to some very charming restaurants & cafes, and the motel itself is also quite charming. Rooms are done with a retro chic vibe which perfectly balanced visual appeal with functionality. The bathroom had gorgeous tiles and a rainhead shower, the sink had plenty of deck space, and while there was no closet, the double Eames Hang-it-All racks more than made up for it...even more convenient than a closet, I would say. There was space to lay out your luggage, and the iron & ironing board was cleverly hidden beneath it. The nightstands had storage, each bedside had reachable outlets, there was a rather large "mini" fridge", etc. Staff was friendly and helpful, and the communal lounge was quite comfortable with coffee & pastries in the morning and a lovely vintage sound system. And many fruiting orange trees on the premises to boot!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ElevenBus
Lisa R, General Manager at The Astro, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2018

Thank you for such a thorough and wonderful review of the Astro. We appreciate your stay and hope to see you the next time you are in Santa Rosa. Have a great day.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

We picked the Astro primarily due to price and location- and the charming photos of the mid-century modern inspired furniture.

It was a great choice with a few opportunities for improvement. We aren't local but understand that it's a new place that will play a key role in revitalizing an area.

Pros: Customer Service is A+++ wonderful, friendly staff; rooms were very well decorated; the pastries at breakfast were an amazing touch; check in and out were super easy; wifi was great.

Cons: Because most of the parking lot has been turned into a garden, parking on site is limited. We weren't able to find a spot and ended up on the side street. That's fine, but it could be a source of stress if you don't know the parking regulations in the area. We later learned that there is another parking lot near by, but only upon check in. It would have been handy to have a reserved 15 minute parking spot in front so you can unload and get more help around that. Additionally, traffic flow would be helped in the lot by having a dedicated in and out to the motel.

One final note- the bathroom doesn't seem to have its own heating so it gets chilly if you leave the door closed overnight.

Overall, a great stay.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank robandrea
Lisa R, General Manager at The Astro, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at The Astro and we appreciate your warm review and valuable feedback. I particularly like your suggestions regarding a reserved spot for unloading and directing the flow of traffic (designated in/out). I will give all areas of concerns my immediate attention.

Thanks for taking the time and please come again.

Reviewed 13 February 2018

On a whim I decided to book a night at the Astro out of curiosity (and convenience, as we live 2 miles away) to surprise my husband. Lisa was so amazing as she showed me the whole property, different rooms available, and all of the amenities offered. She was a wealth of information on the history and transformation of the place as well. I booked a week or so ahead, and was allowed to check in very early so that I could decorate the place (candy, balloons, stock the fridge, etc.). We stayed in an amazing suite with the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in! We love the decor as well. We were able to walk to dinner (Spinster Sisters of course), then downtown for drinks. We then Ubered to a friend's house for a Valentine's party where we just happened to meet Amanda and Paul, she works there, and he was a contractor on the remodel... talk about serendipity! We got the full scoop on the place, and were even more impressed! We topped off the experience with a delicious breakfast at Parkside Cafe; from our window we could monitor the line outside, so we knew when to pop over! Overall it was an amazing experience, and we will definitely do it again. We have also been recommending to all of our friends & family! We love the Astro!

Room Tip: King suite #200 is amazing! Right on Santa Rosa Ave, but has a noise-canceling device to help with street noise (I slept great!)
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Lisa R, General Manager at The Astro, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2018

I am totally thrilled to hear how wonderful your stay-cation turned out. Thanks for a great review and know we are always striving to make each stay better than the last, so hurry back.

Thanks again.

Reviewed 8 February 2018

This is a great, budget friendly wine country hotel - a rarity. Rooms are stylish and comfy (Casper beds!) with very cool original art. A central lounge features retro toys and books and is a great place to hang out in the evening. Coffee and baked goods are served here gratis in the morning. The courtyard is also very nice. Rent Shimano bikes from the Astro fleet and bike to the owners' other SoFA (south of A St.) project: the awesome Spinster Sisters restaurant just around the corner. Be one of the first to claim discovery of this up and coming part of Santa Rosa. It's fun!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Lisa R, General Manager at The Astro, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2018

Thank you for your recent stay with us at the Astro and your thorough and wonderful review is appreciated. Please come again.