Vintners Inn
USD 326*
USD 307*
Hyatt.com
Hotel La Rose(Santa Rosa)(Great Value!)
USD 204*
Best Western Plus Garden Inn(Santa Rosa)(Great Value!)
USD 173*
USD 161*
USD 261*
USD 227*
  • Pool
North Bay Inn(Santa Rosa)(Great Value!)
USD 137*
USD 120*
Safari West(Santa Rosa)
USD 428*
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsjohn ash restaurantturn down serviceferrari caranoupstairs fireplace roompower plantjogging pathwine countryhalf bottle of winebeautiful groundsvineyard viewthree buildingsprivate patiositting areacoffee serviceeach morningon site restaurantrooms are spacious
Reviewed 24 August 2012

I loved this place. My bf and I stayed for 4 nights. Our room was very big and able to handle our suitcases and all of our souvenirs from an extended stay in Arizona without anyone tripping over anything. The king sized bed and pillows were very comfortable. We had a small outdoor patio adjacent to the vineyard which allowed us to sit outside in our hotel supplied bathrobes (soft and thick) to listen to the quiet (we're bona fide city folks) and talk.

The full sized fireplace in our room was used each night and added cozy ambient light. The bathroom was also spacious and clean with separate shower space and whirlpool tub. I liked the upholstered stool in the bathroom that allowed me to set my things down or sit down on a chair as opposed to a closed toilet seat (as is the usual). Towels were plentiful, always a sign that customer comfort is paramount. I hate it when I only get one towel set (it's stingy).

Being close to a power station didn't bother me at all and it actually helped us as a visual landmark when returning late at night. Neither one of us returned to our home town glowing in the dark. Also, I was never disturbed by any highway traffic noise as it didn't exist.

Concierge was very helpful and friendly. This is a wonderful oasis. Unpretentious and welcoming. I'd come back to this gem in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Our room was near the back of the property, away from the restaurant and lobby. I think this cuts down on foot traffic, so it's even quieter. Memorize your room #. Each building looks identical.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GSharpMajor
Reviewed 19 August 2012

My husband and I stayed here last night, the decor was very elegant and romantic. We decided to order room service and the food was phenomal! I would definetly rate the food a 5 star plus!!!! The entire staff was very friendly. We would definetly stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 12 August 2012

We stayed here on the recommendation of a travel agent. Wow, what a nice place to discover. The service was perfect. Non obtrusive and efficient. Close to the highway? Yes, but we never noticed it while we were there. Close to a power sub station? I guess, but once on the property, you can't see it, so who cares?
Highly recommend!

Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Sue B, Manager at Vintners Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2012

Thank you so much for all your kind words. I've shared your comments with the front desk, the breakfast crew and the restaurant. We hope you'll come visit us again and enjoy the pleasures of Vintners Inn and Sonoma Wine Country. Sue

Reviewed 11 August 2012

Yes, I read another reviewer just wrote that when you check in as a couple they give you one key. That is true- so if that is not OK why don't you just ask for another? One key was fine for my husband and I, and I am a fussy New Yorker(had we found it inconvenient we would have just asked them for a second key). The room was large and clean, with a fireplace and lovely view of the courtyard and fountain. It has a quiet and romantic feel yet it was easy to drive to visit vinyards in nearby towns. I must say as we drove off the highway and there were powerlines and a power station on the corner we were skeptical turning into the driveway of this inn. However, the property is lovely. There are gardens, two fountains, and there is a working farm behind the inn with grapes, sheep and horses. The inn has a jogging trail for visitors to enjoy the farm. We had a delicious breakfast, with a very attentive waiter after a wonderful sleep in the most comfortable bed I had during my trip to the Sonoma area. My husband and I took a jog and enjoyed seeing the rows of grapes growing, as they are beginning to turn red.We were only disappointed in the fact that we could only stay one night and had to leave and find another local spot during our trip to Sonoma.

Room Tip: We enjoyed a second story room, the view is terrific.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you. April is usually a pretty good month for sunny warm weather, however, we can't predict it. At least the wineries were open and the wine superb - we'll be here for your next visit. Sue

Reviewed 9 August 2012

Let me enumerate why my husband and I rated this as terrible:
1.) On checking in, the Front Desk was giving us only one key. All hotels we have stayed in automatically gave us 2 keys for access.
2.) Free half bottle of white wine from Ferrari Carano; but everything else in the room is chargeable, including 2 bottles of water (the Ritz Carlton, the Bardessono, the Aman resorts, even Hotel Healdsburg offer bottles of water for free!)
3.) Showerhead spurts water directly over the glass wall and not on your head so when you need to have a shower, you literally have to squeeze in to get some water. The showerhead is not even adjustable
4.) You have to wait 50 minutes for your breakfast but asking for your bill produces faster service
5.) the bog shakes so while you're sat there doing whatever it is you need to do, be careful not to fall off
6.) the lady who took our comments did not even list down these things so presumably, there'll be nothing done about it

We should have just stayed longer in Hotel Healdsburg and had another dinner at the Charlie Palmer's....

Room Tip: What room? Just do not book here.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
9  Thank B-cube
Sue B, Manager at Vintners Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2012

I'm so sorry your stay with us this past May was less than satisfactory. It is actually a compliment, however, that you compared us to those amazing hotels. Yes, I'm sure the amenities, including water, are complimentary at those hotels but the room rates are also much more than they are at Vintners Inn. There is a balance we try to achieve in order to keep the rates a bit more affordable. Vintners Inn is not for everyone. I'm pleased that you gave us a try but am sorry we're not the hotel for you. I hope the rest of your stay in this country was exceptional. Sue