Gateway Hotel Santa Monica(Santa Monica)(Great Value!)
USD 345
USD 254
USD 431
USD 368
Doubletree.com
USD 519
  • Restaurant
The Georgian Hotel(Santa Monica)
USD 356
USD 565
USD 511
USD 454
Fairmont.com
  • Beachfront
Viceroy Santa Monica(Santa Monica)
USD 731
USD 452
USD 425
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Ocean View Hotel(Santa Monica)
USD 342
USD 313
Priceline
1,436 results
All reviewsbeach accessbell staffpartial ocean viewthird street promenadesmall poollocation is greatlobby barvalet parkingshopping and restaurantsvenice beachla areaocean avenuefew blockstanospacezanneproperty
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Pretty standard for a JW Marriott hotel. The decor is very nice and all of the staff extremely friendly and helpful. The proximity to the beach, Santa Monica pier as well as downtown Santa Monica where all the shops and restaurants along the third Avenue promenade was great.

The lounge and bar in the lobby was good with extremely friendly staff. Lobby had free coffee in the morning which is also very handy. As with most Marriott hotels, the gym was small. They had a fairly standard pool.

My biggest complaint with this hotel is they do not have a hot tub at all. Given the relatively low temperatures for the coast especially in the winter and spring, this to me would be a necessity. I actually did not know this when I booked this hotel and in the future will likely pick a hotel in the same area that has a hot tub over one that does not.

1  Thank Nitbc
Alejandra G, Executive Assistant at JW Marriott Santa Monica Le Merigot, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Dear Nitbc,

Thank you so much for your valuable feedback. My name is Alejandra Granillo and I am the Executive Assistant to our General Manager, it has come to my attention that your overall experience did not meet your expectations and I want to sincerely apologize for this. I appreciate the good feedback that you provided us but I am very sorry that the fact that we do not have a hot tub is what made your stay not a 100% pleasant.

I understand this a very important thing to have in our hotel but unfortunately we can not provide it, however we do have heated pool which it is not the same but we try to accommodate our guests to the best that we can. It is exciting to mention that we will have very nice updates in our pool, featuring new cabanas, seating, hanging beds, and landscaping.

Once again thank you for your feedback and I hope next time that your travels bring you back to Santa Monica you can give us the opportunity to serve you again and create a better experience for you.

Best,
Alejandra Granillo
Executive Assistant
alejandra.granillo@columbiasussex.com

Reviewed 5 April 2018

My family and I traveled to California for the first time in over 13 years for Easter. We were celebrating our anniversary and two birthdays. I wrote to the GM, Damien prior to our trip to get suggestions on dining and activities during our stay. When we arrived we were greeted by the most incredible staff I've ever met in all the years I've traveled and stayed at Marriotts. Damien has a staff that is dedicated to exceeding the expectations of the staff. Abram in particular our concierge literally walked to a restaurant to get us reservations where they were completely booked! Who does that? He continued to follow up throughout our stay to insure we had great experiences at the restaurants. At each restaurant where he booked---they placed us at the best tables with the best views. One place even had champagne waiting for us! Our door was decorated on our birthdays, easter baskets delivered for my children and chocolate covered strawberries and champagne waiting when we got back from our Easter celebrations which coincided with my birthday! No request was not fulfilled without the utmost sincerity and attention to detail. Literally we felt like guests in our own home. Jessica, the Front Desk Supervisor actually came around from her desk and gave each family member a hug...my husband is definitely not used to that degree of warmth from any hotel staff member! My own children wanted to know where I had met these people before---it was that wonderful!
Highly recommend this hotel if you want to be in the center of Santa Monica...near the pier, cycling on the beach yet in great proximity to fine dining. Thank you St. Monica Le Merigot for the time of our lives! You all deserve a significant raise!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Booked a last minute get away for Spring Break and could not have been happier. A short walk from everything. The biggest treat was how friendly and helpful the staff was - lobby ambassadors, front desk, valet, bartenders, house keeping - all a absolute hit. That’s really the key for me - and can absolutely make the trip. Leading the charge was Tano - bartender, concierge and all around great guy. Quick to assist, say hello, facilitate refreshments or help guide you around town. We will definitely be back. Nice work JWM.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

This was our second vacation to this property and loved it again. The staff are really helpful and on top of everything. We also found the in- room dining options absolutely delicious- compliments to the chef! The Nutella churros are to so good. Close to beach, pool, and comfortable modern rooms. Skip the Cezanne breakfast as it is overpriced given the quality , even for a Marriott. Go to Coras

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Stayed for a week in March-April 2018 with my family. We have stayed at many hotels and resorts world wide. This was the best customer service we had ever seen and it was genuine. Hotel was very clean and staff was excellent. From the bar tenders to the bell hops they were fantastic. If I had to give two negatives they are the pool though heated is in the shade which makes it a little chilly and the bar food though decent is pricey. Very nice atmosphere, conveniently located and would definitely recommend. My family thanks the staff for all their great help and kindness. Truly great staff!!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family