“excellent hotel and location”

JW Marriott Santa Monica Le Merigot
Ranked #16 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
Reviewed 13 September 2012

My wife and daughter stayed five nights at this fabulous hotel at beginning of August 2012.We had an excellent room,staff were very friendly and helpful and location was just perfect.It was right on the beach and close to all that Santa Monica has to offer.It was quite expensive but comparable to other similiar hotels.Food was very good and reasonable.Overall a very enjoyable stay and I would recommend this hotel

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,253)

Reviewed 11 September 2012

I selected this property being very close to the Santa Monica pier. This hotel is at perfect location, very close to the beach and shopping district. Being an old property I didn’t had lot of expectations but this hotel seems to meet my expectations if not beat them. Staff is very courteous and helpful. The hotel itself is huge but showing its age at few places. But I must admit my room had excellent view of pier.
Pros:
Within walking distance to the beach and Pier.
Spacious rooms and good Air conditioning.
Good helpful staff.
Wonderful Spa floor with Saloon and steam sauna.
Good/clean pool area
Good beds with clean linen.
Cons:
Hotel showing age at many places.
Room carpet was not clean.
Hotel didn’t kept its word: I was travelling with an infant and I specifically called the hotel before booking about arranging an Microwave to heat baby food. At that point their statement was “Sir. We don’t have microwaves in rooms as this is an old property and microwaves put lot of load on electricity. But they can definitely get the food warmed anytime of the day by calling bell boy”. Once in Hotel I asked the kitchen to get the food warmed, and their answer was “As per the hotel policy we don’t heat any outside food and they don’t have any microwaves” this was shocking. I simply asked them to cancel my reservation as it means that my baby cannot have her food. Within 2 minutes bellboy was on my door with a Microwave.

Conclusion:
Nice prime spot property to visit Santa Monica. Good place to spend some time if you get a good deal for daily rates. If you looking for fancier place there are better alternatives.

Room Tip: Most of the rooms have partial ocean view thanks to a building blocking the view. Room 402 has wonde...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights after flying from London. Room was certainly fine (we have stayed in a lot of rooms since as travelled around but certainly dont remember anything negative about the room). Having read the other reviews perhaps other rooms are to a different standard? Food was great and the staff were fantastic. Pool is quite small but serves its purpose. Excellent location - can be on the beach in 2 mins. Seemed quite expensive to us given what you pay in London but then we havent been to any other Santa Monica hotels so we cant really compare. It has more of a boutique feel about it rather than 'large hotel'. Our room was on the road-side and had a nice patio area with table, chairs, sunbed - we couldnt hear any traffic from inside the room but obviously could when on the patio. Would have no hesitation about staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2012

I stayed at this hotel maybe 7 years ago in one of their oceanfront rooms. I remember it being a great stay. Since I lived in SM for 10 years I haven't stayed in many of the hotel rooms. I recently traveled home for a visit and decided to stay here again. Big mistake! The beds are comfortable and the hotel is in a great location but that is about it. It is just outdated for the money. I was given a 3rd floor room on the street with a king bed when we had requested doubles. We checked in at 3:10 and were told they were sold out of rooms with two beds. Being that I now live in Manhattan I was less than thrilled with the 500.00 room on the curb. When I requested another room that wasn't curbside I was given a handicap room. One of two elevators was broken in August at a beachfront hotel. Enough said. There are so many better hotels in Santa Monica with personable employees that make your stay relaxing. I moved to the Casa del Mar and couldn't have been happier.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank NLM M
Reviewed 11 August 2012

The hotel just gets better and better. There is a small but very pleasant spa, with great masseuses consistently. The pool is pleasant, clean and the service was prompt and friendly (Thanks James!) The hotel is across from the beach, a short walk down the stairs and across from the beach. Also a short walk to the Pier, the Promende and plenty of good restaurants. Which reminds me -- the on-site restaurant is pretty darn good. Rooms were nice, clean, with great beds, strong internet service, and plenty of TV channel choices. Some rooms have a terrific view of the pier. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Nicholas C, Chef Concierge at JW Marriott Santa Monica Le Merigot, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2012

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You. I can't say it enough, what a great review. I love when I log on and see a 5 star review with a smiling picture to accompany it. It really does make my day. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much and when or if you come back I hope you will contact me first so I can thank you for such a nice compliment!

Nicholas Carlin