“Great servive and staff”
Review of The Georgian Hotel

The Georgian Hotel
Ranked #9 of 36 Hotels in Santa Monica
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 25 May 2012

We had been to Santa Monica a lot and stayed at many of the hotels but this was by far the best due to the service we received.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for The Georgian Hotel

Reviewed 25 May 2012

Stayed here for a weekend in mid-May and enjoyed the place. Excellent location near the Pier and the Third Street Promenade. Excellent service as well. The room was comfortable yet smallish as this is an older venue. For example, one had to call room service for ice as there are no ice machines on the floors (I counted eight rooms on our floor). As Santa Monica is apparently a party town, it did get a bit loud when folks came in at 4am, but that's not the hotel's fault if people are that way.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2012

My wife and I stayed here for our one year anniversary last weekend and enjoyed our stay. The location of the hotel is excellent, the patio restaurant/bar area is fantastic, and the room was good.

The service was almost perfect with the exception of one member of the staff (Michael R?). Anyhow, we arrived before check in and our room was not ready, which is totally understandable. The problem came when we returned at the beginning of check in, and the room was still not ready - still understandable - after waiting an hour and having a drink on the patio, my pregnant wife was getting frustrated and went to check again. This is when Michael said the room would be ready in ten minutes and he would come and let us know as we were still sitting on the patio. Twenty minutes later we came inside and Michael was gone. We waited another 20 minutes and finally went to ask again, where someone else informed us that our room was ready, and had been for awhile - Michael never returned. The new person gave us a drink coupon and apologized perfusely which was appreciated. Our stay went on and we saw Michael at least two or three times a day, and he never said a thing. No simple apology, and that left a bad taste in our mouths...

We had a non-ocean view suite and the room was spacious and nice. We would stay here again and hope that Michael isn't checking us in...

Room Tip: Get the ocean view if you are someone who likes a view, I wish I had as the view is fantastic...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AJShirk
GMGeorgianH, General Manager at The Georgian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2012

Dear AJShirk,

I would like to thank you for chosing our hotel to stay during your recent visit to the Santa Monica area while celebrating your first year anniversary. I also would like to offer my apologies for not having your room ready upon your arrival and for the mishap of one of our employees who failed to inform you when your room became available. I hope the rest of the service you and your wife received from the rest of our staff was at least up to your expectations and we certainly look forward to another opportunity to be of your service. Maybe next time we will fortunate to meet your little one.

Respectfully,

Juan Viramontes
Georgian Hotel

Reviewed 23 May 2012 via mobile

Oh where can I start... Everything was amazing! From my arrival to end. Valet was kind and such gentleman. The bellman took extra precaution with my wedding dress. As soon as I walked in Lin at the front desk made me feel welcomed and calmed my nerves. My room was marvelous! Extra clean and the bed was perfect. In the morning my limo was running late and like any bride I started to panic. All the staff went out their way to help out and make phone calls an even humor me until my limo arrived. All I can say about this hotel that this is was a perfect location with the perfect price with the perfect staff. Thank you Georgian!

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 23 May 2012

My husband and I stayed here as a little get-a-way and it was fabulous! Not usually crazy about older buildings but this hotel is in very good condidition. The hotel has a wondeful location, close to my 2 favorite things- the beach and shopping!!! I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
GMGeorgianH, Sales & Revenue Manager at The Georgian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2012

Hi Kara77,

Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your recent stay! I'm so glad that you were able to enjoy our historic property and give us the opportunity to serve you. We take immense pride in our boutique property, ensuring that we embrace our historic charm while offering modern amenities and keeping the Georgian Hotel in top-notch condition :)

Thank you again, and we hope to welcome you back in the future!

-Aimee Beardsley