All reviews santa monica pier great location stay there again rooms are clean mold promenade
Reviewed 29 June 2016

I did not like this hotel, we stayed one night and left! the air conditioner was loud and the condensation leaked water all over the floor and dripped loudly at night, no ac in bedroom #2. They tried to charge more money, scammed us twice. The woman in the office sent my daughter back to fill out paperwork and then said she didn't need anything, it was very underhanded!! Don't go here!

Room Tip: No elevator for upstairs rooms!
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2016

It was a quick walk to the boardwalk, pier, and beach. Parking is very tight at the hotel, but there is a more spacious paid parking spot directly adjacent. The staff were friendly and accommodating. Beds were comfortable.

Room Tip: No elevators, so if don't want to haul luggage up stairs, ask for 1st floor, which we were lucky to have gotten.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Julie D
Reviewed 9 June 2016

I stayed here Once. Good location as its across the street from the Pier/ beach which I liked. I enjoyed my first stay so months later decided to book another room. Turns out they only have one nicer looking room which I was surprised to find out. They have a limited number of parking spaces

Room Tip: Just pick one
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Paul M
Reviewed 7 May 2016 via mobile

I stayed here twice. Good location as its across the street from the Pier/ beach which I liked. I enjoyed my first stay so months later decided to book another room. Turns out they only have one nicer looking room which I was surprised to find out. They have a limited number of parking spaces so there's a good chance you might not be able to park anywhere close to the hotel if it's on a weekend or busy night. It's not worth the $300+/ night.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Sandy C
Reviewed 5 May 2016

If there were a minus button, that's what this place would receive. Therefore, I will give it the lowest possible rating. I am not a high maintenance person but when you spend close to $500 for two nights, certain amenities are expected. I checked in at 3:00 pm on 04/30/2016, at the advertised time. Their lobby was approximately 6'x12'. Off to the side was the office where you checked in, half door in place. I usually request a quiet room, top floor. No such thing existed!

I was told when I booked the room that breakfast was included. Their breakfast consisted of coffee, tea, and Famous Amos cookies. I would not classify this as a breakfast. I went down on Sunday morning to have the above at 7:50 am and everything was locked up. I later returned at 3:00 pm that afternoon and the place was locked again. When I went to go into the room, painting tape was tied across on the door so I had to have the attendant undo this.

I had no tissues nor a Do Not Disturb sign in the room. When I checked out at 10:00 am on 05/02/2016, I asked them again to hold on to my bag but they said that they did not do this. I had a 6:30 pm flight so thank God, the place across the street was gracious enough to do this. The only positive thing that I will say is that it was very conveniently located to the beach and to the pier. Otherwise, buyer beware!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else to get better value for your money.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo