“Good place, ask for location”
Review of Blue Plate Taco

Blue Plate Taco
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Plate Taco is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 713 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Santa Monica
Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Visited Blue Plate Taco for a quick dinner and to avoid rush hour. We made reservations and were quickly seated.

We started off with guacamole which was excellent very creamy and delicious.

I had ordered the Baja fish tacos. Which were very tasty and good flavor. The fish was nice and hot. For my taste it could have been spicier but will know next time to ask for it. My friend had the pork belly tacos which were very well received. The tacos were good but the beans and rice were a bit cold and bland.

We also ordered a pitcher of the Hibecus
Prickly Pear margaritas which were excellent! Very good and not too sweet.

I do have to say, we had to have the worst table in the place. We were seated right by the front door and next to a huge pole. If you go ask for the patio or a window seat. Also be aware that indoors is very loud so can be difficult to have detailed conversations.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

This was my third time coming here. It's a relaxed casual atmosphere out on the sea front (well by the road that then looks over the sea). The ceviche and the tacos are awesome. I went for a lobster and shrimp enchilada this time which would have been great but it was served fairly warmish/cold which was disappointing. I would have sent it back but I was worried they would just re-heat it which I didnt fancy them doing with seafood. Reasonable prices and worth a visit.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Im the hustle and bustle of Santa Monica this joint was awesome.

Really fresh great tacos and good service.

It's right on ocean street but a winner. Sit at bar and watch the kitchen staff at work.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Maybe it was that I hadn't had enough margueritas, but I found Blue Plate Taco's food to be average....nothing stellar, and certainly not worth the wait. The beef tacos were pretty dry and the rice and beans were nothing to rave about. The guacamole de corazon, however was good, and included pomegranite. Chips were freshly made and the salsa was good as well.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

This is a great place to go for dinner in Santa Monica! Right across the street from the Santa Monica pier so you can see the big Ferris wheel and rides all lit up along the ocean at night. Beautiful place to watch the sunset as well. Food was delicious and not too pricey in terms of being in LA. The jalapeño marg was great. Make reservations if you have a big group as it's a small restaurant.