“One of the greatest hang out bars in Santa Monica”
Review of Brick & Mortar

Brick & Mortar
Reserve with OpenTable
Brick & Mortar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #185 of 705 Restaurants in Santa Monica
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Santa Monica
Reviewed 23 April 2016

I love Brick & Mortar
The atmosphere, the food and the staff just make it an overall friendly and cool spot to hang out in!

Reviewed 13 February 2016

This was my first time eating at this Main St. restaurant. I ordered the Ahi Tuna and it was just Ok. We were disappointed because one of the main reasons to go there was for their famous Baked Brie - all gone - ran out. The place was romantic with subdued lighting and the restaurant was hidden in the back so it was off the main street. I will go back again because the rest of my family liked it a lot.

Reviewed 30 October 2015

I had the bloody mary bar and an order of their French Toast. The lack of stars is not from the food. I really enjoyed my french toast. But the vibe is too much for me. They had a DJ, mind you, this was at NOON! The DJ was playing music so loudly, I couldn’t hear anything the girl sitting next to me was saying, let alone my other friends who were sitting across the table. We tried to have a convo for about 15 minutes, then quickly gave up after needing to repeat ourselves so much.

It was like they were trying to make it a club… but it’s not a club. It’s brunch!

The bloody mary bar is “impressive” because it has a lot of stuff to put in your drink (bacon, pickles, poppers, even oreos which I found weird), but the actual drink itself is REALLY watered down, both in terms of alcohol and quality of the bloody mary mix.

I don’t think I will return.

Reviewed 30 July 2015 via mobile

We went here because my 8 year old daughter wanted chicken wings. The service was good and they went out of their way to look after us. My wife ordered rose and they only had one glass left so they gave it to us for free. The wings were too spicy for my daughter so they gave her a fresh portion - again for free. A good night accompanied by baseball on the TV.

1  Thank NHK13
Reviewed 6 July 2015

I dropped in for lunch and enjoyed it so much, I came back that evening for dinner with a friend. Delicious fries!