1,549 results
All reviews free valet parking spg points spg member experience specialist resort fee house car within miles self parking mile radius few blocks free bikes small balcony high school upon check short walk to the beach glass of champagne ocean view
Reviewed 16 November 2016

We stayed here Nov. 8-14/16 and found the staff were great. We asked to change rooms the first day, and not only were the staff accommodating, but they appeared willing to ensure we were happy with our change. They called our new room soon after we arrived in it and asked if we liked this 2nd room. The staff were very friendly and cheery, especially the concierge Hugo, and a name escapes us but the gentleman at the courtesy desk during our stay. The housekeeping staff were also very friendly and efficient. The hotel is in a great location - walking distance to the beach, shopping at 3rd St. Promenade, and restaurants.

Room tip: Rooms directly facing ocean and have large balconies - but expensive.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Paul L, General Manager at Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2016

Dear Jan_S163,

Thank you for choosing Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica and sharing your positive review on TripAdvisor. I am genuinely appreciative of your comments regarding the staff, in particularly Hugo. We will be sure he receives the appropriate recognition.

I am also happy to to her you were able to explore and discover the City of Santa Monica. Our location provides easy access to all the hot spots in town - 3rd Street, Main Street and the famous Santa Monica Pier.

We look forward to the next time you visit Santa Monica and wish you all the best in your travels.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 16 November 2016

Hotel is in a good location to get to the ocean. About a 10 minute walk to ocean. The rooms are in need of an update. My room had a large open space where I think a couch was originally supposed to be. NO coffee machine and furniture, especially the lamps were tired.
What really bothered me the most was that the water had to be turned off and I asked for compensation. Chose points as compensation but really the problem stems from the attitude of the front desk. Said they could move to me another hotel, not when I am settled in for 5 nights already or take the points. No cash compensation was offered until I called corporate and then the hotel sent an email saying choose 5000 points or 70 dollars. I am not really sure that a hotel can legally operate without water for their guests. Checking that out with the city of Santa Monica.
Restaurant staff was polite and others at front desk were as well. Just the assistant front desk manager with the attitude. A little customer service can go a long way in making for a nice stay.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Caribbejon

Dear Caribbejon,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review of your recent stay with us, here at Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica.

We were certainly disappointed to learn from your comments that you did not fully enjoyed your stay with and were inconvenienced due to the water being shut off. We unfortunately had an unanticipated maintenance repair that needed to be addressed immediately.

Thank you for you kind comments relating to the restaurant team, I will be sure to pass on your compliments.

Please do not hesitate to contact myself or any manager at the hotel directly if you would further like to discuss your stay. We hope to have the opportunity to host you in the future.

Kind Regards,
Paul Leclec

Reviewed 15 November 2016

was kind of leary about staying here because I had read some soso reviews however my experience was wonderful. the hotel itself is very nice and the entire staff here went above and beyond to accommodate us.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Kim M,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. I am happy to learn you enjoyed your time with us and greatly appreciate your kind comments in regards to the associates. We look forward to the next opportunity we have to welcome you back to Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica. Safe travels!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

We stayed at Le Meridien for two nights in November. It is a pleasure to write this review and compliment the amazing staff of this Hotel. The concierge team took excellent care of us, the dining room wait staff were exceptional and it was obvious that the entire team was there to make sure that we enjoyed our stay. While the hotel is a little "tired" in appearance it was obvious that the management of this hotel were dedicated to providing five star customer service. They succeeded.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Paul L, General Manager at Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2016

Dear glendale240958,

Thank you, ever-so-much, for your wonderful review focus on our associates. I will be sure to pass along your comments to the team. At Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica we strive to create memorable and everlasting experiences for our guests.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and for choosing the Le Meridien Delfina for your stay in SoCal. We cannot wait to welcome you back.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

My husband & I travelled from East Coast, arrived 10am, hotel could not accommodate early check in, I tried on arrival & at noon. We booked ocean view, they said no ocean view were available till tomorrow. We stayed in Rm. 426, there is no ocean view, there is plenty of building rooftop views, you may have a glimpse from afar but does not justify how they market the property. Property was nice/modern/clean, Sonia at front desk was awesome. For one nite total was 418.44. $48.44 in tax & assessment fee & $25.00 for guest amenity. So when they tell you free valet, free internet - trust me - u are paying for it. Also, paying for ocean view when there is none - very disappointing. This property is over-priced for their offerings & should also reconsider how they market ocean views - very mis-leading. Could have stayed oceanfront for same cost. Very unlikely to go back.
Feel ripped off!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear lisaguillen,

Thank you for taking a moment to share a review from your recent stay with us.
We strive to create illuminating and discovery moments for all of our guests. So it is certainly disappointing to learn from your comments that you had not enjoyed the view from your room. Sonia is a wonderful front desk associate and i will be sure to pass along your compliments. After reviewing your reservation. I am glad to see she provided you with a solution. If you would like to further discuss your expereince, please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly.

We hope that you will allow us another chance and that we will have the pleasure if welcoming you back to Le Meridien Delfina Santa Monica in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,