See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 27 September 2017

We recently stayed for one night on a road trip. Of course, our king room ($80 including tax) was basic, but it was large, comfortable, recently remodeled in very cool contemporary decor and very clean. There were plenty of towels and a very comfy bed but no amenities (other than soap). We were on the ground floor with a sliding door that opened to the pool area, which was a nice touch. Staff could not have been nicer. There was hot coffee in the lobby in the morning. I thought I had read they offered some sort of continental breakfast, but I didn't see one and we don't eat donuts, etc. anyway. Our room had a micro and small refrig. which were very handy. It was freeway close with a Denny's next door, which we appreciated after a long drive. The wait staff at Denny's were very sweet and efficient, as well. This stay was a more positive experience than stays at much pricier hotels. We will certainly return if in the area again.

Room tip: Ask for room facing pool.Go to back of complex to park.Front parking was limited but there is large lot in back near tennis courts.
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 April 2017

Bad room location and ice and washer and dryer in same DUMPY ramshackle area! Upon goping to the ice machine,had a quick peek inside a room and the occupant there looked staone and the room was a TOTAL MESS!

Room tip: Stay away! Pricey for what you receive!
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 26 November 2016 via mobile

This our second stay and both times have been really good. The rooms are fresh (no musty smells) and remodeled and the property is well kept. Our room this time was large and had a separate vanity area and walk-in shower - unexpected at Motel 6! The price is always right here, too!

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 November 2016

I reserved a disabled room, and when I checked in I was told there were only 2nd floor rooms. Reserved a smoking room, there were only non-smoking rooms, but no ashtrays outside for ashes, cigarette butts, etc. Continental breakfast was advertised, but I was forced to wait outside in the cold, while I was handed coffee...that was "breakfast". Finally, I was told only $50 of my $100 dollar deposit would be refunded due to the ashes and other messy condition in which we had left the room. The "ashes" were baby powder. There were two pizza boxes (if you ordered Domino's Pizza, you got a discount), the bed wasn't made, nor did we fold the towels (I wasn't told my deposit was a "cleaning fee")! There was a small pizza stain on the sheet...easily cleaned with a little Clorox 2, AND the telephone service was only room to room! I had multiple appointments in Santa Maria, and telephone service was one mentioned in the online ad on which I based my choice to stay at this Motel 6. I know they're franchises, but I am so soured on Motel 6 after this experience, that I'll never stay at any Motel 6 again. Certainly not this one! A horrible experience all in all.

Room tip: You won't get the room you booked, so don't bother!
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 13 November 2016

After getting a $90+ quote from Days Inn, I called this Motel 6 and got a room for $65+ I do not know how this relates to any other rooms in the area. But overall I thought it was a reasonable value. Check-in was quick and efficient. They have (only) coffee in the morning and a 15% discount at the Denny's about100 yards down the road (which I did not use).
Room was spartan but recently remodeled with faux wood floor and bed on legs (so you could see under). New LED bedside wall fixtures. Sizeable flat wall TV. Adequate horizontal space. No frills. Bed linens were thin but clean and comfortable. Plenty of towels.and hot water. Nice shower; door did not quite shut but no problem. The a/c unit worked well; had fan setting I could put on to run all night. A construction crew was staying there (who left early) and the motel is on a main road, yet I found the room very quiet. I'd stay again if in the area.

Room tip: I was on the left side when facing the motel, about 1/2 way back and it was fine.
Date of stay: November 2016