Holiday Inn Santa Maria
Average 3/5
Fountain Motel(Santa Maria)
TripAdvisor
Good 3.5/5
    All reviewsroom was largepismo beachhousekeeping staffwould stay againfree breakfastparking lotcoffee makerbed was very comfortablekitchenettefreewayihgtoastercounterstopoversantacaliforniaclerk
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 3 October 2011

I liked everything about this hotel.The kitchen was a plus and the t.v was great.Beds and pillows both very comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
    1  Thank griffk
    Reviewed 24 September 2011

Quick, efficient check in at this well kept facility. Clean (slightly dated) room, included a micro and small refrigerator. Near the freeway but not much noise. Located near the main road into town. We were traveling from Southern Ca. and meeting friends from Northern Ca, so the location was ideal. The hotel was near capacity but they were able to give us adjoining rooms so the door between could be kept open at times. Plenty of free outdoor parking.
    They have a lobby family "Bar" and dinning room; BUT nothing on the house. No continental breakfast, no afternoon hosted glass of wine and no newspaper at your door.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
    Reviewed 13 September 2011

I booked this hotel for a work trip where I had to cover the Santa Maria to San Luis Obispo area. At the time of booking I had chosen a King bed over 2 queen size beds since I was traveling by myself. Upon my arrival I found out I had been upgraded to the King Executive Suite where I had a large room with a counter top, refrigerator, tons of cabinet space, and a stove. The front desk staff wasn't super talkative but were friendly. The bed was super comfortable and the room was quiet and clean. I slept very well. I like that they have both soft and firm pillows on the bed since I hate the soft pillows and it seems like more and more hotels only offer them so I usually have to stack all the pillows to equal one pillow. This hotel was not in a fancy location but is great for someone traveling for work or just traveling through. It is located near the freeway entrance so it was great for my work schedule. I also ate in the restaurant twice and the food was decent. There wasn't a large selection but it was fine for when I was too tired to dine out. I would have liked it to have included breakfast but otherwise I would likely stay here again.

Room Tip: My room was far from the lobby elevator and I had to walk a long way. It didn't bother me personally, but if you don't want to have a long walk request a room closer to the main elevator.
    • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
    SMXCA, General Manager at Holiday Inn Santa Maria, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2011

Dear Bluefaery,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn & Suites, Santa Maria, and for taking the time to write to us about your Positive experience during a recent stay, we look forward to have you again as our guest.

Abdul El-Mekhgiange

Reviewed 13 September 2011

Conveniently located just off Hwy 101 with a GREAT nights sleep in a very clean room. We got an early morning start to Hearst Castle with tour tickets at 10:00 with a quick stop for photos at Morro Rock in the early am with fog. We made it to Hearst Castle early and took the 9:10 tour. We left about noon to start our Pacific Coast Highway drive which was AWESOME!!! We arrived in Carmel just in time for an early dinner before going on the 17 mile Peeble Beach drive.

Room Tip: No problems getting to our room with the elevator located close to the door in the back with room key access from outside.
    • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 23 August 2011

We stayed here for two nights as a stop-over on our way up the coast and were very happy with it. Staff were welcoming and helpful. There was a fully functioning kitchen and breakfast bar in the room (hob, fridge, microwave, cutlery, crockery, pans!) The room was very large and there were two king-sized beds in it. Location was fine - close to the interstate, so easy to get around and there were shops and restaurants a short drive away, which was very helpful. We thought it was great value for the area, which is not the cheapest, particularly as we booked through a third party and got a really good rate. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Madam,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn & Suites, Santa Maria, and for taking the time to write to us about your Positive experience during a recent stay, we are so glad that you had enjoyed your stay and we look to be your host again.

Abdul El-Mekhgiange