“Great Customer Service”

Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Santa Maria
Santa Maria, California
“Great Customer Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2011

I enjoyed everything this hotel had to offer. Very clean, rooms were extremely spacious and comfortable. I have worked in customer service for many years now and the front desk clerk was very professional. i would highly recommend this hotel for anyone that will be traveling on business or just for fun.

Room Tip: No matter what room you may get the noise is not an issue considering your right next to the freeway...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cassandra R
SMXCA, General Manager at Holiday Inn Santa Maria, responded to this review, 12 October 2011
Ms. Cassandra

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn & Suites, Santa Maria, and for taking the time to write to us about your Positive experience during a recent stay, we look forward to have you again as our guest.

Abdul El-Mekhgiange

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Hesperia, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2011

I liked everything about this hotel.The kitchen was a plus and the t.v was great.Beds and pillows both very comfortable.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank john k
Temecula, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2011

Quick, efficient check in at this well kept facility. Clean (slightly dated) room, included a micro and small refrigerator. Near the freeway but not much noise. Located near the main road into town. We were traveling from Southern Ca. and meeting friends from Northern Ca, so the location was ideal. The hotel was near capacity but they were able to give us adjoining rooms so the door between could be kept open at times. Plenty of free outdoor parking.
They have a lobby family "Bar" and dinning room; BUT nothing on the house. No continental breakfast, no afternoon hosted glass of wine and no newspaper at your door.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Northridge, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

I booked this hotel for a work trip where I had to cover the Santa Maria to San Luis Obispo area. At the time of booking I had chosen a King bed over 2 queen size beds since I was traveling by myself. Upon my arrival I found out I had been upgraded to the King Executive Suite where I had a large room with a counter top, refrigerator, tons of cabinet space, and a stove. The front desk staff wasn't super talkative but were friendly. The bed was super comfortable and the room was quiet and clean. I slept very well. I like that they have both soft and firm pillows on the bed since I hate the soft pillows and it seems like more and more hotels only offer them so I usually have to stack all the pillows to equal one pillow. This hotel was not in a fancy location but is great for someone traveling for work or just traveling through. It is located near the freeway entrance so it was great for my work schedule. I also ate in the restaurant twice and the food was decent. There wasn't a large selection but it was fine for when I was too tired to dine out. I would have liked it to have included breakfast but otherwise I would likely stay here again.

Room Tip: My room was far from the lobby elevator and I had to walk a long way. It didn't bother me perso...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
SMXCA, General Manager at Holiday Inn Santa Maria, responded to this review, 22 September 2011
Dear Bluefaery,

Abdul El-Mekhgiange
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

Conveniently located just off Hwy 101 with a GREAT nights sleep in a very clean room. We got an early morning start to Hearst Castle with tour tickets at 10:00 with a quick stop for photos at Morro Rock in the early am with fog. We made it to Hearst Castle early and took the 9:10 tour. We left about noon to start our Pacific Coast Highway drive which was AWESOME!!! We arrived in Carmel just in time for an early dinner before going on the 17 mile Peeble Beach drive.

Room Tip: No problems getting to our room with the elevator located close to the door in the back with room ke...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple