See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

The staff were polite and quite friendly. Shower was weak and room comes with no safe. Wifi was free and spaces in the car park can be cramped. The curtains in our room didn't close fully. The bed was comfortable and the hotel was clean in general.

I won't be rushing back but wouldn't advise anyone against staying here. There's not much to do in the area unless you're a big wine drinker.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2012

This was the second worst place I've ever stayed in. I was nervous about touching the sheets; everything was dingy. We decided not to use the shower. One light didn't have a bulb in it and the light outside the bathroom didn't work. The furniture was beat up. The water in the toilet ran on and off randomly--and loudly. There were a lot of people hanging around outside talking all night long. It sounded like a party was going on in the room below us. My husband thought maybe there were prostitutes there. He also thought some of the people who were living in the motel might have been recently released from the nearby Atascadero State Hospital. We would not have stayed at this motel if we could see the conditions before paying. We did consider giving up the money we paid to go to another hotel but ended up staying. Between the noisy toilet, other guests, and my nervousness about the lack of cleanliness, I got very little sleep. When we left, there was no one at the desk. All we saw was a sign that told us to leave our key and NOT to ring the bell. We paid less at much better--and much cleaner--places with more amenities the rest of our road trip.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Donna M
Reviewed 21 February 2011

I stayed for 5 days in one a room with a king bed.
The real problem with this hotel is that the room is filthy! The bathroom vanity had soap residue from previous occupant and the wood vanity itself had grime built up on the front of it. The counter top has a layer of grime built up on it, especially on the ledge and corners and the faucet runs constantly.
The shower was stained and had soap residue built up on the ledges and the bathroom itself had a moisture problem. There was a layer of mold around handle and spout area as well as around the small window that opens up to a parking lot.
The TV had water rings on top of it from previous occupants drinks and the dresser that the TV sits on had crud spilled down the front.
The carpet was not very worn, but it was stained in a few places...nothing that a good steam cleaning would not take care of, but dirty none the less.
The baseboard near the entry door was pulled away from the wall with rough metal and nails exposed.
The overall room decor is very outdated. The drapes are horribly stained, tattered and poorly hung and fitted. I had to rearrange the hook so that my window was properly covered.
I found the cap of a hypodermic needle near the nightstand...could have been a diabetics, but judging from the razor scratches on the bathroom vanity I believe otherwise.
I will not stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
6  Thank MandeesMadness
Reviewed 7 September 2010

I guess there was a reason the this was the only motel with any availabilty in the State of California... From the outside it did look ok but the inside... two dbl beds didn't fit in the room... one bed was up against the air conditioner... the drapes were fraying where they had cut with sissors around air conditioner... Beds were totally uncomfortable, worst night sleep ever...Over charged me big time I paid $120.00 to stay other wise I would have had to drive all night to get home... If I didn't have the family with me I would have... I was ready to stay in a roach motel and accept the place was a dump for a price of $60.00 But since I feel ripped off I'm writing this review...
I would say this dump would be worth $30.00 per night at the most...
Next time I will look ahead and book a nice place to stay.. What an experience...

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
6  Thank rbbrox
Reviewed 14 August 2006

The worst hotel in California. They charged us 77us$ for a room with dirt and dust. It seems nice from the outside but it is awful inside. Everything was smelling bad and look bad inside the room. The carpet was not clean at all and you will have to keep you sandals to take a shower. There was holes in the walls and insects in the room.

9  Thank monica34