Destinia.com
Hurb
Hotels.com
All reviews across the street casa blanca private balcony pier ocean patio fireplace proximity
Selected filters
Reviewed 16 April 2021 via mobile

Was looking for a quiet, quick get away during the week and this was perfect. Chose to visit SC specifically when the boardwalk was closed to be there without crowds and noise. I called & spoke to a very nice woman and I was quite clear what I was looking for - a non-ground floor room with a private balcony. I was given a brand new room (#309!) with a great view.
Initial plumbing issue resolved very quickly in the morning by a very friendly staff.
Note the construction site in the two photos. Might kill that view
Location is awesome.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 25 March 2021

Terrible experience - I have stayed here dozens of times, however, this most recent stay, they have remodeled their parking lot and narrowed the spaces in such a manner (I don't know this is even legal) that each car is just inches from the next. Sure enough my new car (Compact Toyota Rav4) was still hit. The manager was reluctant to offer any resolve and refused to give me the name and number of his boss. He did say he would follow up with the camera footage but never did that either. We know if I would have left a mess in the room, they would have certainly charged me a fee but in this case they did nothing as a resolve. Complete disregard and terrible service.

Date of stay: March 2021
2  Thank lateniteb
Reviewed 2 March 2021

I don't usually leave reviews online, but my experience here was so poor I felt obliged to warn others. I booked a room here for a weekend getaway with my girl friend, for Friday and Saturday night last February, 2021. With tax the room came out to $400.00 a night. Pricey, but it is close to the water, and the pictured rooms looked decent.

The room we stayed in was dark, poorly lit, and didn't have enough windows. Right off when we got in to the room we noticed a loud squeal coming from the walls, and this was 9:30 at night. It sounded like it was coming from laundry equipment that ran constantly throughout our stay. There was also an ice machine outside that had a loud fan that kept turning on and off all night. I never thought of ice machines being loud before this, but this one was. The walls seemed to be paper thin, and we could clearly hear conversations going on in the office next door. It was early in the morning, when I asked them if they could keep it down, and they just kept chatting it up, as if we never even asked. There was a ton of foot traffic in front of the room as people were checking in / out. The bathroom sink was outside the bathroom, and shoved in to a corner in the main bedroom, which was just plain weird. The last straw for me was when we ran out of toilet paper.

We asked for a different room, and they refused to move us. They refused to give any discount or refund. His argument for not giving money back was that room quality was "subjective" which I just found insulting given how bad the room was. He was willing to give us a discount on a future stay, and he admitted to having better rooms, but after such a bad experience no way I am going back there and giving them any more of my money.

TLDR - If you want to play a game of motel room roulette than this is your place, otherwise I would keep looking!

Date of stay: February 2021
2  Thank Inspiration481775
Reviewed 25 February 2021 via mobile

Chose a room actually across the street from the beach. There is a road so it might be very noisy when there are a lot of people around. However, Jan 2021 was nice and quiet.
The room was comfortable, with a balcony over looking the beach and a huge window looking at the ocean. Fridge and microwave made it easy to keep my distance from people.

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank MOBX
Reviewed 25 February 2021

DO NOT Go Here! It is a SCAM! The rooms are dirty and the staff are rude!! The room we selected online looked nothing like we what it was supposed to. The room was supposed to have two beds. The room they gave us was a bed and dirty pull out couch. We returned to the front desk and said this is not what we reserved online. The lady at the font desk said very kindly, we will refund you your money and she swiped my card for the refund. It has been 12 days now and I have yet to get a refund. I called last Tuesday and they told me that only one person can refund me my money. The person was out for COVID -related issues. However, Nita (one of the owners) said she would try to figure it out. I called the next day and she said the same thing. Then I call the next day she said the same thing. I called again and spoke with Nita, she said the same thing. Finally, I called again and I was told they could not find me in the system. After two weeks worth of calls, I said this is unacceptable. The person that answered the phone said I was rude and hung up! NEVER GO HERE!

Room tip: Rooms are gross!
Date of stay: January 2021