All reviews front desk staff continental breakfast make your own waffles coffee maker heated pool close to downtown tubs boardwalk wharf
Reviewed 24 October 2018

I prepaid for a one night stay. When my room was finally available my daughter decided to go in hot tub. Well what a mistake that was because she went in the one that was shut down when we tried to check-in in the morning and was open later. The chemicals must have been high because it bleached most of the color out of it.

When I got home I noticed an additional charge on my credit card. I called the hotel and the lady who answered couldn't tell me what the charge was for and said she would credit it. Never received the credit and had to dispute with my credit card. WATCH YOUR CREDIT CARD STATEMENTS!!!

AND to top it off the ac in the room didn't work, but by the time we got into the room at night and noticed it I did not call to get it serviced. It was me and my daughter and I didn't feel comfortable with who might come and fix it.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 October 2018

I had six rooms at this hotel as we were in town for a performance. We needed to get dressed for the show and the water was out for six hours. we asked for a refund and were refused, my travel agent asked for a refund and was refused. we had to get other rooms and still had to pay for the rooms with out water.

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

The price is right but as always you get what you pay for. The hotel is a little older and worn out but the room was generally clean enough and the bed comfortable. The neighbourhood is a bit shady but at the same time the location was in good proximity to restaurants, shops, etc. We were able to walk from the hotel to dinner without much worry. Didn’t use the pool as it looked like it needed a cleaning. Was not informed that it was pay parking beforehand, even though the lot has ample room. To me parking should be included in the room rate at this hotel, it’s not like they had an overly secure lot; you may as well park on the street. Breakfast was included, which is always a plus, and was standard bread, muffins, eggs, pancakes etc. Nothing special but nice to be able to grab something quickly. Overall the place does the trick and is a fair value.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank clayman739
Reviewed 9 September 2018

We stayed in hotel Solares for only one night, on our way to Monterey. It did the trick. The room was really big (the biggest I've ever seen in a hotel, seriously), the bed was comfortable and also big. Our bathroom was clean enough (room 314), even if we had some trouble to get the shower going. Breakfast was decent, though mostly carbs and sweets, not a lot of fruit and no eggs. For an overnight stay, this was perfect.

True, the hotel is a bit rundown and the neighbourhood isn't great. It's a good location though.

Downsides: the front desk attendant was polite at best, apathetic at worst. The sliding door to the balcony had no lock, only a door chain. There was no safe in the room. Also, making you pay to park on their own lot, which has more than enough room, is pure robbery and offends me on a personal level.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Lindsey M
Reviewed 7 September 2018

The best thing about this hotel was the location. Ideally situated to the Boardwalk, Beach and Downtown. The room we stayed in was right at the end of the co directly on to the car park at the back of the hotel - and the window had obviously been broken in the past as the louvre slat had been poorly repaired with a baton of wood. There was no safe in the room and the fire door could not shut securely. The bathroom was very dirty with previous guests 'hair' still on the floor. Sadly, we would not recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: September 2018